• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Cooper 52 Excalibur 280 Ackley Improved (TX)

Legionnaire

Cooper 52 Excalibur in 280 Ackley Improved. Excellent condition. I am the second owner and have not fired the gun since purchasing it a couple of years ago. The original owner ordered it in green with black webbing rather than the standard black with red webbing. See pics. The only flaw I see is the minor scuff on the bolt handle. In addition to the installed Leupold bases I will include a set of 30mm Talley rings. Only selling because I have another 280AI I like better.

$1,950 shipped insured lower 48 to an FFL who will receive from a private individual. Face-to-face in Central Texas (area between Waco and Austin) a possibility. Need to move this one; no trades. It's posted elsewhere so I'll go by time stamp. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
What's the COAL and twist rate on these? Didn't find it on Cooper's site…

Hey folks. I don't mean to derail this thread, but since the gun is sold and I have a related question I'll post it here. Are you guys having good luck running the AI with heavies out of a 3.4" mag, or do you tend to focus more on the 150-160 gr class bullets? I have a Ruger long action with a 3.4" mag box that I plan to have built into a 280 AI and am all ears on suggestions. Thanks!

Rem LA length mag is where it's at IMO…
I've usually ran the 162-175gr bullets in the 280 AIs I've had.
That's a 162 ELDM and a 190 LRHT for reference. Dummy measures 3.485 for S&Gs…

Attachments

• 915D2CA5-3032-44D8-8463-C89E54EC6694.jpeg
    915D2CA5-3032-44D8-8463-C89E54EC6694.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Super helpful. That's the direction I'd like to go as well but am having to explore options to add a Wyatt's LA box to the Ruger which will take some help from my favorite gunsmith.