Colorado Units 62 & 65

Camo123

Does anyone have an opinion about these two units? Which would be better to hunt during the second elk rifle season? What are recommended locations to focus in on within a particular unit? I have never hunted these units and a friend and I are wanting to try one of them this coming fall with OTC license for bulls.

I hunted. both this past year, 65 steep , dark and very tuff to get around in with virtually no ATV access (we were on foot). 62 is not quiet as high , access is better actually saw elk on public land in 62 where 65 is a maze of private land. 62 is more conducive to glassing where 65 is a up close type hunting where your shot will more likley. be in the 50-100 yd. range. We camped in 65 but after a day we hopped the road to 62.

Thank you for the response. Did you see very many hunters in either unit? Where did you camp? Would you go back or is there a better choice in that area of the state both in terms of access and the number of elk?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.