Christensen CF blank reviews/thoughts

jfswanson12

I'm somewhat considering a Christensen CF barrel blank for a 300wsm build. Honestly the only reason I'm considering it is I can get them for like 500 bucks and fast. I've heard good things from people I respect but at times I wonder if things can be a little skewed do to "relationships". This won't be my first custom or CF barrel. I currently have 4 proof CF's, 3 benchmark CF's , 1 Bart cf, and plenty of ss from the top guys. I want to build a short and lighter mid range (800 max) 300 wsm for the 180-200 class ish bullets. Probably the 185 juggs. I could order any barrel obviously but the only in stock short cf barrels are Christensen and a Bart #4 bull sporter. My reason for kinda wanting one in stock is I have 4 barrels, action's, etc packaged up to send off to my smith and it would be cheaper and easier to add this build in now.

Fierce is also selling their barrels. Might check with them. I know they are one of the lightest on the market.

I only have one, but it shoots very good. @Broz has had several and says he likes them over on Long Range only. I would think you'd be good to go.
Bruce
Thanks for the reply. I've been an LRO member for a long time and have a followed all their write ups. Just looking to see what others out there have to say