Christensen Arms CF Barrel Point of Inpact Shift

Brianc74

I know for years that Christensen Arms Carbon fiber barrels would have a point of impact shift when there was a temperature variance. So shooting in the summer you would have the rifle perfectly zeroed and shooting moa. Then late fall would come and time to hunt and the no more zeroed rifle and 2-3" groups with the same ammo. You might be 3" off of zero.
Also groups would open up big time with more then 3 shots.

Is this still the case now?

Brian

I have not found that to be the case. If it were I would not be using carbon barrels. Bryan Litz has a poi shift test in one of his books. The carbon barrels did very well.

I had Christensen rifles back in 1999 through 2005. They bought Barrel blanks at that time from shilen or they turned down factory barrels and made them CF barrels.
I think they make there own steel barrels in house now

Brian

I believe that to be the case. I was very reluctant to try them after reading all the horror stories. I think it is safe to say they have most of the bugs worked out.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.