Christensen Arms Mesa

Beaverbank

Hey Guys! New member here...looking for opinions or advice...I've got a Christensen Arms Mesa chambered in 28 Nosler on its way here. Hoping for first hand experience with these rifles or this cartridge. Planning on using it mostly on whitetail deer and keeping bullet weight between 140-175 gr. I've got Accubond in 140 and 160...Barnes in 150 ttsx..Hornady 162 eld-x. For powders..N570, Retumbo, H1000, RL33. Nosler brass.. ( at $114.00 cdn for 25 pieces!!!).Just wondering if anybody has any good loads with above bullets and powders.Any thoughts on the rifle ( good & bad ).I'm from Nova Scotia ( Atlantic Canada ), and unfortunately no Christensen Arms dealers...so I ordered this rifle online from a dealer from Western Canada unseen..have never seen or held one before. Hope I'm going to like it.Any help, thoughts or opinions would help....Thanks.

The Mesa is a fine rifle, it will get the job done. My advice is to do you best to stick with one load and don't mix it up. You will end up burning the barrel off of it if you not careful. You can use N570 if you have some and pick a bullet and go from there. I shoot 195s out of my 28 and 168 Bergers out of my other.

My first Mesa was in 300WM. I took my time and broke it in right, and it was indeed a shooter! I sold it to buy something different. I also own a 6.5 Creedmoor in the Mesa, lovely rifle. Just torque to 65 inch pounds and lighten the trigger to 2.5 pounds! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.