Choose Your Own Crime Stats ...

There you go. A voice of reason. The only problem with that is that about half of America really isn't interested in the truth, reason or logic. These are interesting times we're in. Hope you know the Lord.

Lead me to this one which........well Nugent was funny
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMso12zeYDQ]Ted Nugent Schools Piers Morgan about Sucking On His Machine Gun - YouTube[/ame]

I don't personally think the need for the so called "average citizen" to own a semi-auto rifle also called an "assault rifle" is to fight of the invasion of their own government. How about the fact that they are one of the most effective weapons for varmint hunting, competitive shooting, and recreational shooting. When my dad gave me an SKS "assault rifle" along with my 4 brothers for Christmas when were were teenagers I don't recall any of us shooting up schools or theaters. As a matter of fact we had to obey the law that prevented us from attaching our bayonets. That bayonet law sure saved a lot of people. Of all the video clips I've watched lately I thought Mr. Shapiro did the best job until he gave that reason for citizens owning assault rifles. He was the kind of spokesperson we need. Nugent telling him to suck on his muzzle is not doing us much good. The other guy I saw on that show the other day that was yelling and slamming his fists down while I agree with his comments came off as a mad man. If your going to debate you need to stick to the facts and not get emotional. No one is going to listen to a crazy man. Mr Morgan understands this and comes off looking like the rational one even though he can't answer our questions and avoids the truth. I appreciate anyone who stands up for my right to own firearms but it would be nice to see someone who could debate like Mr. Morgan or President Obama. They are not good for much if you ask me but they sure as hell can stand up there spitting out BS and sell it to the public. We need to choose our reps carefully.

Just my opinion.

Shortpants,

While I agree with what you are saying for the most part, I wouldn't call Piers Morgan calling his pro gun guest absurd, idiotic, and stupid good debating. Anyone with a brain right now can tell he is full of S--t. It's just that half of the nation is lacking said brain.

Shortpants,

While I agree with what you are saying for the most part, I wouldn't call Piers Morgan calling his pro gun guest absurd, idiotic, and stupid good debating. Anyone with a brain right now can tell he is full of S--t. It's just that half of the nation is lacking said brain.

That's my point. We have reached a point where the amount of voters in this country with a brain capable of logical thought is less than 50%. Just look at the last couple of elections. Where is the logic??? Knowing how this GAME works our reps need to find a way to get our message and the truth out there in a way that voters can digest it. We need votes period.

I say well done Mr. Ventura!!! He has done and said some things in the past that would not put him at the top of my list for our spokesperson but again I appreciate any and all who fight for our rights and I think he did an outstanding job there. I'd like to see the rest of that interview. I heard their was another great one with a Marine and Mr. Morgan. I'd like to find that one.

I don't personally think the need for the so called "average citizen" to own a semi-auto rifle also called an "assault rifle" is to fight of the invasion of their own government.

Just my opinion.

The 2nd Amendment is not about sport or hunting. Never has been and hopefully never will be.

Thanks Dan, that's the clip I was referring to.

Desertbull you make a good point. My point is if that's our only answer to the question of why we need to own such guns then we will never convince the voters. They need to see the positives of them because they've only heard of the negatives. We don't want to come off as dooms day preppers. The voters are very uneducated yet they will cast their votes. We need to educate them.

Heres another one I liked....yall know Joshua Boston, the marine who wrote Feinstein.
Here it is... Peirs morgan showing his ignorance.

Piers Morgan Confronts Former Marine: Where Do More Guns Lead Us Other Than 'Utter, Wild West Hell? - YouTube

This Boston kid is doing a better job than many others at presenting a well thought out argument, while clearly distinguishing certain issues within the larger scope of the the arguments.

How the highly respected, decorated general shown here could describe in detail what a .223 round does from an M4 or M16 and then say these guns shouldn't be available to the general public is beyond me. The M4 and M16 ARE NOT available to the general public. Was there more to that video? Did I miss something? How can someone so knowledgeable and respected not understand and/or clearly distinguish automatic/select fire from semi-automatic.

There is such an incredible lack of understanding and education on firearms in this country, yet so many are so willing to (not speaking here of the general) make such grand pronouncements from pure ignorance. There is a clear philosophical bias that the argument is approached with (presuppositions) at the outset by these folks and they don't care about what they don't know and don't recognize that they may not know some things they should.

As Boston points out, education is so critical.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.