CeraKote or DuraCoat?

tacsniper0888

Based on personal experience which do you guys prefer? I'm in the process of building a precision long range rig in .338 Win Mag off of a factory Remington 700 Sendero barreled action and I'm going to put it in a Bell and Carlson A-5 fully adjustable stock and want the stock done in multicam and the barreled action, bolt with badger bolt knob, scope, base, and rings done in flat dark earth. And can't make my mind up on the bipods if I want them in multicam with the stock or dark earth. I have never dealt with either brand weapon coating though I have a friend that has three cerakoted weapons and highly recommends them though this would be a one sided decision and I want to fully weigh my options and truly understand both before I just jump in and make a drastic decision such as this as both are permanent. Thanks guys.

On metal or parts that can be baked Cerakote by far is better than Duracoat and I spray both. Duracoat works fine on stocks and optics that you cannot bake but Cerakote is what you want to use on metal or what you can bake. I have coated synthetic rifle stocks with cerakote and baked them at a 165 for 2 1/2 hours for customers and they turned out great and the finish on them is very tough. If you can bake whatever you want to coat such as a stock at a low temp like 165 I would go with Cerakote and Cerakote also sprays easier in my opinion. On metal you can go up to 300 degrees in the oven with Cerakote just follow the directions to a T. Both coatings are not really permanate either you can blast both Duracoat or Cerakote off just that Cerakote is much harder to blast off something then Duracoat.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.