Censored

338 dude

I'm so tired of what is going on nowadays it happens everywhere mainly what I'm speaking of is censorship. What is the problem with someone disagreeing with something that is what this country is founded on just another reason why I don't post as much as I was in the past.Things like this make me want to post even less !

I do think it's against the rules about starting a thread just to bad mouth a product.
I'm pretty sure I know which one you are referring to being pulled and I feel that the blame was being cast the wrong direction even though the CS wasn't helping matters.
Try using a bad word in a PM and see what happens. Trust me it's not really a personal message!

Hecouldgoalltheway and myself left this forum ,him permanently myself for a while over a similar issue it's never been the same since and this just makes it even less desirable!

Hecouldgoalltheway and myself left this forum ,him permanently myself for a while over a similar issue it's never been the same since and this just makes it even less desirable!
Brother, I know exactly what you mean, but it was long before the incident you noted. I, too, have no problem with disagreement as long as we stay civil and respectful. Please note that you are one of the good guys here, and do not let this hinder you from contributing or helping others out. Sometimes I do it via PM, especially when the thread is going all over the place. To help my sanity, I also use the "ignore list," which is growing significantly ...

1676122047262.png

Being politically correct in a free society is not politically correct.
What Feenix said about disagreements and being civil and respectful is key, some can't seem to do that.
I don't know which thread you are talking about but questions and legitimate criticism should be allowed. How are you supposed to fix problems without it?
I can see on private forums the need for some censorship when threads go of the rails or get really disrespectful.
But there seems to be to much censorship, this country was founded on differences and freedom of opinions.
As far as "THEY" are concerned some of them seem to think "THEY" are never wrong and know what's best for us. I always thought it was my choice to know what's best for me.

Respectful bantering is a healthy conversation where both or more parties will learn something. Attacking folks personally or disrespectful dialogue only creates further hate. Look around isn't this what's happening in and to our country?

Just saying, pull a thread if it gets to a point where nothing good is coming out of it. I come here for ENJOYING the camaraderie and hoping to learn something from the shared discussions. Now I will get off the Soap box. Everyone have a great day!

The thread in question did not get out of hand was not disrespectful. Generally the op was just checking options on how to handle the situation.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to manage a forum where people with different perspectives can interject their opinion without clear evidence to support their views. I have not used the ignore function, but it would probably be good for my blood pressure. I have come to realization that there are some very fine members on this forum, but also some that just like to stir the pot of discontent. In general most of the concerns or issues brought forward on a product or individual have been respectful in my eyes, but rules are rules. Protecting and informing fellow members from potential or real bad actors is honorable but difficult to manage in an objective way. There has to be some middle ground where issues can be addressed respectfully without censorship being the easy button.