Carbon fiber or light weight stocks

The CT would fit in an A5. They wouldnt do it? Do they just not have the program? Get a flat top and have your smith fit everything. Just make sure you get the one meant for a square tang. If you go with the ultralight fill I would also glue the action in to strengthen the bond so you dont beat out your bedding.

They wil
The CT would fit in an A5. They wouldnt do it? Do they just not have the program? Get a flat top and have your smith fit everything. Just make sure you get the one meant for a square tang. If you go with the ultralight fill I would also glue the action in to strengthen the bond so you dont beat out your bedding.
They will do an a5, but I can not get them to do a light fill with or without the carbon shell. They did say the a5 is wide enough around the tang to take the square and deep tang. Have to be sniper/heavy fill weather carbon or not.

It is looking more and more like an a5 will be happening

Heavy fill in the action area, but Id think theyd do the light fill everywhere else.
I may call tomorrow if I remember. It has been a little bit since I talked to them. My action should be done in a couple months at BAT barrels not long after maybe a month or so later so I probably should get on it soon.

Haven't found one place other than mcmillan that will do it that is reputable

A while back I myself was looking for a lightweight stock or Chassis for my BAT CT receiver with no luck. Not sure if I ever called MPI though.

Royinidaho is running an A-5 on his 375 AM and he did some mods to the stock to shave some weight. Maybe he will join in the conversation.

A while back I myself was looking for a lightweight stock or Chassis for my BAT CT receiver with no luck. Not sure if I ever called MPI though.

Royinidaho is running an A-5 on his 375 AM and he did some mods to the stock to shave some weight. Maybe he will join in the conversation.
I almost think I want to say I saw that thread I think he was just under by announcer to or a couple ounces and he was digging out some of the Phil from in the stock and doing some work like that I'm not that close to where it is going to be having to dig out a couple little things really I could probably dig out a little bit of feel if I needed to but I was just looking to see what my options were out there the A5 will do it and I think with everything I have right now I'm looking at 15 and a half pounds or so

It seems if you want a lighter stock it will have to be custom made. Manners used to build them but they won't anymore. I have an XLR which is very comfortable but not a Lw option. You might give Brown Precision a call if your still looking and see if they would build you a stock.

Calib,

On my Ao-5 I simple hawded out the filler material in the fore are down to the top of the nut for the studs and around the sides to that same amount.

I then ran a large of a drill bit as I thought practicable as many times as I though practicable into the butt.

Finally I ran another large hole up the pistol grip.

I pretty much took as much out until I started to feel guilty.

I also cut a rectangular hole for "an unattached" bipod to fit Idaho rules.

I will say that all of this hawging did not adversely affect full and accurate function of the rifle one iota.

Roy,
Once I get my parts all together I will weight them and see where I am at, I want to say with a 3lb stock I will be about 15.5 or so

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.