Can someone please identify this firearm for me

Southernfryedyankee

I have NOOOO idea of the history, the maker, what time frame it is from or what its worth may be. Any help from the members here would be great.

pics are upside down for some reason

2012-06-06002233Custom.jpg

2012-06-06002452Custom.jpg

2012-06-06002336Custom.jpg

2012-06-06002328Custom.jpg

2012-06-06002320Custom.jpg

Ah know edzakly whut it iz. mah grandaddy had one jist lakk it. Itz a breech-lodin, hammer farred pistol made way bfor good modern guns wuz made. yu got a reel colekters peece there.

Looks really interesting! Best of luck learning about it!

It is probbly a 410 bore
Can you take it down, if so look carefully for proof marks. If you cannot make any out but it seems that there are some lay some cigarett paper over the marks and rub with the flat side of a carbon pencil to get a "negitive" impression then read the impression useing a mirror. From there you may be able to find the country it was made in. it looks like Belgan to me but the Spanish and Argentines copyed a lot of the Belgan designs, and in Argentina the gouchos liked to carry 410 bore sxs pistols.
Have you measured the chambers useing a caliper to know the diammiter and depth?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.