Buy or build 6mm creedmoor

I have a A5 McMillan on a short action 6.5 CM. I did some trading to get it. McMillan stocks are nice but expensive.

Lots of folks use Boyds laminate wood stocks. Good stocks, great prices.

Heavy sporter? I would go 26". I would look at boyds for a laminate. I have a pro varmit and really like it. I also like my bell and Carlson m40 stock as another cheaper option.

I have a 6 creed but for yotes I like the 22 creed better. An 80 at 3450-3500 is nasty on them to 1000. My first 22 creed was built on a savage. Punched out an 8 twist heavy sporter 223 criterion barrel.

A 22-250 doesn't kill coyotes past 400 very well if at all...I've tried lol. I like ur choices of cartridges for coyote hunting. I went with the 6.5 because I could buy a gun with features I wanted, but a 6 will have slight advantage. I would rebarrel your savage with either.

I pushed 130 eldm to 3k with my 6.5. At 2950 their chart competes nicely with a 108 Eldm, but settled on a load at 2850 fps.

I would consider the rar with a stock replacement if your looking for a 'truck gun' to beat around with and bang coyotes.

Sorry friend...A 22.250 will indeed kill coyotes at over 400 yards. Saw my brother do it many times. Distances were ranged with a Swarovski RF.

Sorry friend...A 22.250 will indeed kill coyotes at over 400 yards. Saw my brother do it many times. Distances were ranged with a Swarovski RF.

Yeah I've killed them too. Also had enough get up and run 1/4, 1/2 a mile and die. Just a pain in the *** to recover. 50gr vmax is what I was using.
Went with a larger bore diameter bullet and never looked back

I' m with canhunter on this. I've killed a pile beyond 400 with a 22-250 as well. I also grew tired of walking out 400 plus yards and having my "dead" coyote get up as well and having to punch another hole in him. The 22 creed is just much flatter than the 6 for when you don't have time to range and it doesn't seem to tear them up as bad if you sell the fur.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.