Bushing instead of recoil lug

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

Just a curiosity

Is it safe practical to use a bushing instead of a recoil lug?

The situations are: Barrel Block mounting systems. Developing a chassis system that uses the recoil lug spacer to mount a MSR tubular for end with a chassis in the back. A Remington barrel mounted in a Mark V, yes some other work would need to be done but it's part of the "development" of the chassis system.

Just a curiosity

Is it safe practical to use a bushing instead of a recoil lug?

The situations are: Barrel Block mounting systems. Developing a chassis system that uses the recoil lug spacer to mount a MSR tubular for end with a chassis in the back. A Remington barrel mounted in a Mark V, yes some other work would need to be done but it's part of the "development" of the chassis system.

For actions that use the same system as a Remington 700, Eliseo Tube Guns use an over-sized , thick washer in place of the barrel bracket/recoil lug. I see no reason a good fitting 'spacer' could not be used when barrel mounting. Or, shorten the barrel tenon so that it 'locks-up' on the face of the action. A new bolt nose counter bore would need to be machined in and the head space properly established. That'd be for your barrel block mounting system. Make sure that barrel block is well mounted.

I guess the Eliso system is what I'm asking about. Didn't know that is how they did it. So that is defo on the chassis.

I have one barrel block now. Works well. I may try something different. Safety while always a consideration should be now issue.instability in mounting is.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts