• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Burris 'Six X', 2-12x50 Illuminated German #3, Compare to Swarovski Z6

thechamp

Have a brand new in the box Burris Six X, 2-12x50, 30 mm tube, with the illuminated reticle, LRS German 3P#4 to be exact. Their part # is: 201957 This scope sells new at SWFA for $1199.95. It is 19 ounces including battery and less than 13" long. Simply an excellent scope for late or 'pre-dawn' shooting. The dot is red in the center and can be turned on or off. Has the control to vary the brightness so in really dark situations you can turn it way down and still see it without it washing out the target like some do.

I've always liked the toughness of the Burris line. This scope has been out for a year and obviously was a well kept secret in the hunting and shooting world. I found a deal on these and bought several and am keeping one on my low light coyote rifle and brush country deer rifle. The 12 power is awful nice for that longer shot when you have more daylight and the 2-4 area is great when it's 'dark'...

Here is the link to SWFA:

http://swfa.com/Burris-2-12x50-Six-X-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P45509.aspx

This scope is basically along the lines of the Swarovski Z6 at way less than half the price of the Swarovski. Now the glass isn't up to Swarovski's specs but most of us can't really tell the difference when you get right down to it after a certain point. FOV is nice and large and overall a very attractive scope.

Take $850 for it including insured shipping in the lower 48.

Have it posted on other forums so a 'I'll take it.' doesn't mean you got it. If multiple folks speak up the first one on the first forum will get it. PM is best anyway.

Thanks

Last edited:
I got a deal on several of these and found them to be without a doubt one of the best illuminated reticle scopes built in the USA. Obviously the best are from Germany but their prices are UP THERE to! And I'm not a fan of Leupold's 'tunnel vision'.

Another item of interest is Swarovski and Leupold both warranty their electronics for 2 years. Burris gives a FIVE year warranty on their electronics.

Somebody needs a darn good illuminated reticle scope. I'm going to sell this one and keep the other 2. Put one on a 270 and the other for a 375 H&H down the road. Should make a good scope for bear or whatever critter comes calling. BTW the one I'm selling is still in the shrink wrap, never opened.

$700 plus shipping.

Here is a pic comparing the Burris to the Swarovski Z6 2-12 I have. My Z6 is not illuminated and is less than 1 ounce lighter than the Burris which has the illumination.

SW629002.jpg

Last edited:
Was able to get one more, $700 plus shipping. Great scope at a great price! Working on getting some more but until it happens this is it.

I've had some request for pics of what the actual view looks like through the scope. So I give it my best shot today to get some at various power levels and with and without the illumination on. The scope is mounted on a rifle and laying on it's left side so you're not looking through it like you normally would with the 3 heavy post on the sides and bottom.

The pole in the picture is over 200 yards from where I was. The houses and buildings in the background are over 2 miles away.

burrisviewpics020.jpg

Had the rifle laying on a box so you see some of the cardboard in the view at 2 power.

burrisviewpics016.jpg

burrisviewpics027.jpg

burrisviewpics022.jpg

Currently all are spoken for. If I get any more I'll advise. Thanks

Last edited: