Bullsbag shooting rest questions

Krumfola

Anybody using one of the Bulls Bag shooting rests? I've read a lot of the claims and want to know if anyone has actual first hand experience with it. I saw a similar thread about them on another site but the discussion soon deteriorated as individuals began bickering amongst themselves and a salesperson for the bags.

I'm also aware that some prefer using a front rest and rear bag and while I agree that this systems works, I'm mostly interested in hearing about the Bulls Bag product. If you've had a chance to compare it to another single shooting rest/bag-type system (i.e. not a front and rear set-up), please share your thoughts.

Here's a link to the product:

Field Shooting Rest | Portable Rifle Rest | Bulls Bag

Thanks in advance,
Keith

I shot off of a buddy's bulls-bag last fall. I shot several rifles from it and for me personally I much prefer a traditional front and rear rest (or bipod/rear rest). The recoil to me felt funny and inconsistent, and the bag itself was pretty large.

I can not compare it to similar competitive products, my only experience was with the actual BB. Not for me, but maybe it is an acquired taste. I'm interested to see what other feedback you get.

Brandon

I have a set the X7 that I just purchased off of Ebay for $117 delivered. I filled the Vice-Grip bag with sand and the rest with Kitty Liter. I have played around on the bench with them, but been to darn cold here in Wisconsin to get out and use them. Not much help in your quest for information, but if I get a chance to use them soon I will post up on how it went.

I have one that I bought a few years ago and used a couple times. I didn't like it very well. The main reason for dislike was the fact that when my rifle was settled into the bag I couldn't cycle the action and would have to lift the rifle out and cycle then settle it back in for the following shot, and sometimes the rifle didn't get back in the same exact place which would affect accuracy. This translated to me that the BB was causing excessive pressure points on the gun. I will say the rifle was steady while shooting off this bag, but I don't use it anymore and went back to a short bi-pod and a rabbit ears rear rest. I'm going off subject a little here, but the most solid shooting platform I have ever used was heavy sand bags. I would get the rifle on the bags so that I didn't have to really hold it on target. With light kickers I would just put my shoulder behind the rifle and use a finger on the trigger. I once shot a five shot group with a Ruger M77 all-weather in 243Win using this method that was too small for me to measure, it looked like one bullet hole in the paper target. The big issue with the sand bags was I didn't like lugging the bags around. They were made from the legs of old denim jeans and I used three of them in this set-up. Anyway, I would not recommend the bulls bag.

I use the "Dog Gone Good" bag(s) built here in Oregon. I can shoot some sweet groups with it, but it does have a different POI than when I'm using a bi pod and rear bag.

I shoot with the dog gone good bags, and have shot some excellent groups with it,some ragged one hollers, you have to work to get the rifle repositioned to the same place a little after each shot, but the bag is easy to carry to the bench and in the field.

no experience with the bulls bag but expect it would be similar

But have recently asked myself if a mechanical front rest would be more consistent, actually looking for feedback about the Sinclair rest

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.