Building on a old tang saftey Ruger 77

G

I've got the chance to buy an old Ruger 77 long action with the tang saftey ,the barrel is in pretty rough shape so it'll basicaly end up as a build some day

I have three such rifles:(1) .280 ai with pac-nor 24" stainless barrel,(2) .323 Hollis, which is .308 Norma Mag necked up to 8mm, 26" lilja barrel, and (3) .257 AI. All have timney triggers. All shoot under an inch. I am especially happy with the .323 Hollis which chrographs 200 Grn Nosler partition @ 3200 fps. You could argue other actions are better, but mine works fine. good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brig , I got the magnum action that he had but he also has a 30-06 that is in pretty good shape all the way around , its the older tang saftey also , the barrel looks to be short to me , like maybe 22" but it's in good shape and shoots pretty good to cansidering what he shoots out of it.
I think that he wants $325 for the 06 , I thought that was kinda steep but I don't know much about them

J., Thanks for checking. I'm looking for the magnum action too. I want to try .308 norma mag/7mm. also, $360.00 seems high, as you said. I'll keep looking around here for the time being. Thanks again, Brig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts