• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Browning BAR 300 Win Mag BOSS

Boomstickin

The time has come for me to part ways with my Browning BAR Safari 2 in 300 Winchester Magnum with the BOSS Muzzle Break. Has been a "Safe Queen" for too many years, deserves to go to someone who is going to let it do work! Stock is in excellent shape, has some minor wear from being hunted with. Because it has been in my safe for over a decade, it does have some marks from being in the safe (photos will detail this).

Bought this package from my Uncle in 2010, he purchased it "BNIB" in March of 2001 & NEVER hunted with it. Was purchased at Garretson's in Greeley Colorado. Made in BELGIUM & Assembled in Portugal (serial # will be in the photos in 2 places). The rifle has been Smith'd on; when I took possession I had it torn down, cleaned & reassembled to ensure it was perfect (it was exactly that), most recently I had it fully torn down, cleaned & reassembled (2020, no parts needed repair or replacement). Since this service, I've shot about 20 rounds to sight in and check functionality. Functions like a well oiled machine should, it groups at or under 1" at 100 yards with factory Barnes 180gr TTSX ammo. Total Round Count is 300-325.

Rifle is topped with a Burris Full Field 4.5-14x42mm & set in Burris Bases & Dovetail Rings. Comes with Rifle Manual & BOSS Manual, 2 Magazines, Scope Box/Papers, Shoulder Sling & Shipped in a NEW Hard Case. In 2011, I sent the scope to Burris because the reticle had slipped out of place. Burris sent me a "BNIB,"updated version of the Full Field to include the E1 Ballistic Reticle (documentation in the photos).

Asking $1,500 for the PACKAGE, Shipped to your FFL of choice. This rifle has a lot of sentimental value to me, harvested my 1st Bull Elk, Black Bear & Mule Deer with it. Package has been well cared for by my Uncle (always kept in temp controlled room & safe), I have carried on that unconditional love for this piece of American History. I ask that whoever buy's this work of art do the same!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Took these photos last night, was not aware that there was a limit on photos per post?

Serial Numbers & Date of Purchase Is printed on both Manuals!

I'm OPEN to OFFERS!

Thanks,

Boomstickin'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 36