• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Browning abolt 12 ga

HuntFarther

I'm looking for a browning abolt 12 ga rifled shotgun. Any leads if appreciate it.

Jason 406-491-6109

I have a buddy that has one that he bought new i would guess about 4 years ago. It is black synthetic stock. Let me see if he has any interest in selling. Do you have a price in mind that i can see if it entices him?

I have a buddy that has one that he bought new i would guess about 4 years ago. It is black synthetic stock. Let me see if he has any interest in selling. Do you have a price in mind that i can see if it entices him?
I haven't seen one anywhere. So was trying to find one. It's this or a savage. You can ask him. I know the savages are like $650

Op, i have given my buddy your post and info. He is not a member of this forum but see that you posted your phone number. In talking to him I think he would consider selling it but he is concerned about finding something to replace it that is as good for the money. Those brownings are sweet slug guns.

Good luck with your search. Mine is a gen 1 that I bought used a few years before the gen 2 came out. I gave $900 for it then. I wouldn't dream of selling it today.

Attachments

• D800839F-12AB-4D48-A7C6-2A256732BFB8.jpeg
    D800839F-12AB-4D48-A7C6-2A256732BFB8.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 22
I have owned a mossberg 12ga bolt action and savage 20ga bolt action. Also been around my buddies browning 12ga. I would say all three have about the same accuracy which is about 1.5"-2" at 100yds. 200 yards is not unreasonable if you know drops. Like any other gun, you need to find the slugs that the gun likes best.

Curious what kinda accuracy these shotguns can have?
I know some guys who shoot a bunch of elk with them. Let alone deer. Consistent 250 yard shots is max what to expect. But they have killed a lot from 200-250 yards.

The A-Bolts are really nice Slug guns!! I have 2, a Gen 1 and the newer model that I never got a chance to shoot, Indiana opened up our state to allow Center fire rifles and I haven't touched my slug guns since. The Gen 1 would shoot Remington accutips at 1.5" or less at 100yards, and the Federal Barnes slugs about the same. Killed 12+ deer with the Browning, if Indiana goes back to Slug guns and straight walled pistol cartridges it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me. I may be considering selling the new model, not sure what they're going for. Let me know if you are interested. New in the box, Stalker model(Synthetic Stock).