• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED BROWNELL'S H-4350 AND H-4895 IN STOCK!!

4895 still there
It's hard to believe H-4895 is still available. I have not seen that powder in years for sale. If you look at the price for two ponds is about $60 per pound with tax, haz, ship. BUT can't find it in stores. You could lower the cost by buying several pounds of other powders and get the 11-12% discount. Bring it down the $40+ a pound. Not like years ago an 8# jug for $160.
I think a lot of shooters already got their stock up and other are waiting for more powder to hit the market at LSG and price coming down.
We got 12 lbs divided up between Retumbo, Varget, H-4895. Three of the hardest powders to get these past years.
I personally am optimistic, but can't really see any powders coming down, any primers coming down, and with the lead, copper, brass shortages already here those components will keep going up. Then look at metal for rifles, chassis, reloading components dies, tooling. All made with steel and aluminum. BRASS .All costing extra. Manufacturing cost for employees, electricity and machinery equipment. all going UP. Then Shipping cost
We have been stocking up since 2006 and saw the future of our sport and I was right on. Right no I would say purchase all the reloading components that you can shoot for years. It is not HOARDING it is being SMART as long as you use it or share, just don't be a GunBroker.
I can see our costs greatly increasing in the years to come. If you can buy now and have the space store it up. If you end up having too much later on you can always share with other shooters. There are still reloaders that try to get along with one pound of powder and a box of bullets for the year or two. But when that runs out there may not be available or the price tripled.
I am glad to see powder, primers, bullets on the internet, but prices are too high compared to getting at a LSG because of Haz & Ship.
At least some people are getting some to shoot. BUT if you prepare you can always shoot and only buy just to add on to the Stach for the years down the road. Better to be prepared like in the Marines Two is one and one is none.
It's a SHAME that this happened to our country. I cearently would like the way it used to be, buy what you needed when you wanted. We won't see those days again.

I do believe we aren't going to see a lot of Hodgdon's powders from now until January. Brownell's had a lot yesterday, but I believe that was saved up for Black Friday/Cyber Monday on purpose.

Look at how low the inventory is at Mid South, Natchez, Grafs, even Midway. Still a little at Powder Valley and Brownell's but its really skinny.

Inflation is upon us, and its not transitory. As long as there is a war on fossil fuels and the fuel companies are classified as enemies of the state, energy costs will be going up or staying up. Energy is an imbedded cost in everything that we do and everything that is made, and certainly in powder and primers and other reloading componenents because almost all chemicals used are petroleum based derivatives, and factories where there is manufacturing use gas and electric power. I completely agree to make sure you are prepared.

The alternative is being helpless in the dark and naked.