BR scope

bulldurham

Have a rem222 bench rest rifle looking for scope options ? I have alwAys had Leopold scopes on my hunting and varmint rifles all 1" tubes going to a 30mm but not sure what to look for . Thanks for any help

If your not looking at a variable theres some 24x and 36x scopes that meet your budget from time to time for sale in classifieds that are good especially if you can find a frozen one.

I just use SFP scopes. I have a Leupold 6.5-20x40 with target dot reticle and I have a Sightron STAC 4-20x50 with the MOA-2 reticle that has a floating dot in the center for the aiming point. The SIII is a higher end scope than the STAC and would be the next step up for optical quality. Both of those scopes are nice for 100+ yard target shootin. My Leupold is a 1" tube but the new models are 30mm.

I bought a 40x 222 years ago from a guy that wanted a 6ppc . It had a 20x Redfield dot cross hair that I didn't like but i was a hunter and really need a varmint rifle but was young and didn't know long story short need a longer range rifle built a 22 ppc single shot still not what I needed for coyote and crow hunting found a 6mm rem sporter and fell in love . Sold the ppc keeping the 40x just need a target scope for bench . But will be new to BR i reload for all . Thank for the help

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.