• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Boyd's Stocks for Ruger American rifles

Litehiker

This week I received a stock from Boyd's for my Rugeramericaj Predator. Boyd's has about three stocks for the American centerfire rifle, both standard and Predator versions.

Got a Classic stocking "cinnamon" (brown) stock with the fleur de lis pattern and scale shape checkering. Amazing what laser checkering can do so precisely.

The stock comes with V bedding blocks specific to the American rifles and these are specific ONLY to Boyd's stocks. The Classic stock has a nice low profile cheekpiece and a high comb that keeps your eye in line with a scope and has barely enough clearance to remove the bolt. That's what I call a good design.

It also comes with a plastic trigger guard but on the advice from a guy on the 6.5 Creedmoor Forum I bought a metal Savage 110 trigger guard form Brownell's and it fits perfectly. The stock looks so good it's a shame to put a plastic trigger guard on it.

I highly recommend Boyd's stocks for a "Best-for-the-money" stock. At Weineg you would pay a LOT more for a laminated stock like this.

I also added a Timney trigger and love its crisp, light 2 lb. pull.
Today I'll remove the sling studs and install flush cup swivels and a Magpul modular sling.
Next I'm sending my bolt to Triad Tatical for spiral fluting.

When all done this rifle will look and feel like a much more expensive piece. I would not bother to upgrade it like this if it were not so accurate. It consistently gives me sub-MOA groups in factory dress. Now I expect even smaller groups, and when I hand loading perhaps I can get 1/2" MOA from Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X bullets.

Eric B.

I bought the Savage 110 trigger guard from Brownell's. It was around $21. or so. There is another Savage guard in stainless for a bit more if you need stainless to match your gun's color.

Also I bought the Timney trigger from them. Once you try that trigger you'll be amazed. Well worth the money, given the fact that most other aftermarket triggers are much more expensive.

Eric B.