Boyd...

Brent

Boyd,

Dad's been bugging me to ask what twists your 300 WSM's are?

I seen here the other day that Dave's is a 12 twist and he's looking to move to an 11 or something faster next time. We've been discussing maximum velocities concerning them, Dave's 12 twist kind of surprised me as it seems MV is slower than even dads 11 twist is.

What bbl lengths are they again?

What MV can you get with the 180's and 210's at safe maximum pressures (many reloads)?

I take it you recommend the Norma brass?

I think Phil was telling me the Norma brass wasn't worth a **** right now, maybe I completely misunderstood him and he was refering to the win stuff????

How's he doing with that 6.5wsm lately? I hope the steel wool "helped"...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Dad's been bugging me to ask what twists your 300 WSM's are?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My light gun is at 28" with an 11 twist....My Heavy gun is 35" with a 9 twist. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>What MV can you get with the 180's and 210's at safe maximum pressures (many reloads <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have only shot 210's in my guns....I run mine right at 2800fps now.I shot a few match's this year at 2850..I have shot the brass up to 5 times.with no problems... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I take it you recommend the Norma brass?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes I do... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>How's he doing with that 6.5wsm lately? I hope the steel wool "helped"... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't think it did because the gun is apart now I'm sure..

Boyd,

Thanks.
smile.gif

What are your thoughts on the twist rates you been using so far, is one more accurate with the 210 than the other?

The light gun is the one you been doing so well with in comp. this year right?

Anyone using 11 twists getting keyholing at 1000yds with the 240's that you know of?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.