Blackhorn 209 for Austin & Halleck

cat26fish

Hey Everyone:

I have a Austin and Halleck, it has a 209 primer setup from the factory. I want to shoot Blackhorn 209, because I just started shooting Thor bullets. I am switching from 777 to Blackhorn because I am worried about the 777 not allowing for follow up shots with the tight fitting Thor bullets. I have read that I could experience ignition problems with my current setup, because i have a two piece breech plug setup, and it has a wire spring to hold the 209 primer in.

I found this one online: Austin & Halleck breech plug

I was just wondering if anyone has used this setup, and if it works well with Blackhorn powder?

Cheers,
Brad

Hello, I've never used the plug that came with the A&H with Blackhorn. I use the plug that you link to. I've experienced less blowback with it although there still is some. For Blackhorn I use the PR Bullet plug and I use CCI 209mag primers and have never had a miss fire.

G.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts