Bipod wish list. Fantasy?

That is a cool bipod. Do you have one?

idcwby
I do. Haven't hunted with it yet, but have shot off it a fair bit out "in the field" just getting used to it. Tons of adjustment options, and is very solid especially when you get it down low and wide. Tall enough to shoot sitting down, short enough when its out wide to shoot prone.

I do. Haven't hunted with it yet, but have shot off it a fair bit out "in the field" just getting used to it. Tons of adjustment options, and is very solid especially when you get it down low and wide. Tall enough to shoot sitting down, short enough when its out wide to shoot prone.
When it's low and wide, could you see that as being an issue if your in an area that has thick vegetation on the ground? That's what came to mind when I seen the picture with it in that position.

Thanks
idcwby

One reason I want a quick detachable bipod is I am tired of my current one digging into my shoulder when I carry the rifle. That is another reason I was hoping to find a very slim mount/quick detach mount.
Anyone have suggestions for this problem? Carrying withthe sling is muzzle down does not appeal to me.

Darrell

Darrell, Spartan make what they call the Gunsmith Adapter which can be installed into your various rifle stocks, this allows you to have one Javelin bipod and use it on various rifles. The adapter sits almost flush with the forend of your stock normally about 2" back from the front sling swivel. I have fitted three of these to laminated stocks but they can also be used in synthetic stocks. Here is some photos so you can see what I am on about.
mmexport1566297750044.jpg
mmexport1566297750990.jpg
mmexport1566297752742 (2).jpg

Last edited:
When it's low and wide, could you see that as being an issue if your in an area that has thick vegetation on the ground? That's what came to mind when I seen the picture with it in that position.

Thanks
idcwby
Well, any type of bipod can have issues in thick vegetation, no way to predict until you are right there in the moment. I do know that every time I've taken my 25" Harris instead of my shorter Atlas, I've never regretted it.

One reason I want a quick detachable bipod is I am tired of my current one digging into my shoulder when I carry the rifle. That is another reason I was hoping to find a very slim mount/quick detach mount.
Anyone have suggestions for this problem? Carrying withthe sling is muzzle down does not appeal to me.

Darrell

@DT400 - have you looked a the Tier One Tactical Bipod? It is carbon fiber, quick detach, is sturdier and performs better under recoil than the Javelin but not as light. Weighs 8.5oz. It's designed to be as sturdy as an Atlas but at half the weight. There's also an underslung version called the Evolution Tactical Bipod.

Full disclosure, I'm from Tier One USA, hope that's allowed here. We actually developed and manufactured the very popular javelin bipod until about 18 months ago. I can answer any questions if you'd like to know more.

I really like my ckye pod, it's extremely adjustable, fitted it with an rrs adapter for pic rail or arca rail. It's not light whatsoever though. I do own and atlas, and a javelin as well. I carry my 5#carbon tripod in my pack. Most prone shots will be taken off my pack, and if I have time I'll set my tripod up and I can use that at any height prone to standing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.