Big eastern Red

Gary in MD

Was actually out after coyotes but this big red showed up. Cooper Jackson Game in 220 Swift, 55 grain Sierra Game Kings @ 3800 fps.
88BAEDD4-D1B7-4C78-BC19-E22EA66CB6D9.jpeg

Well…… the other side of him didn't look quite as picture friendly. But it wasn't as bad as some that I've shot. This one was quartering to me and he was a large fox so it didn't make as large of an exit wound as usual, most of the destruction was inside. Edit to add that he was only about 150 yards away.
Gary

I did something similar last month. Looking for deer and this really nice fox came out in a cut cornfield. 6.5/.284 XP-100, 206 yards, walking fast, 130 gr. Nosler Accubond. The pic doesn't do him justice- red/grey/black/bronze, beautiful tailView attachment 418438
He is a good looking fox and that was a nice shot too. They really have some nice pelts this time if the year.

Nice photos! Not sure what it is, but I always like seeing fox-hunting photos. Probably goes back to my trapping days, when I was a teenager.

The very last thing that my wife said before she left for work this morning…. "Watch out for and protect my chickens after you let them out for the day"
Well, I don't want to **** her off so a little while ago this mangey one came loping across the field at about 90 yards. The Tikka 22-250 was the closest to the front of the safe, 55 grain Sierra blitz kings @ 3500 fps.
A50EF803-8DEC-485B-B194-2BE7FD2FD4D9.jpeg

The very last thing that my wife said before she left for work this morning…. "Watch out for and protect my chickens after you let them out for the day"
Well, I don't want to **** her off so a little while ago this mangey one came loping across the field at about 90 yards. The Tikka 22-250 was the closest to the front of the safe, 55 grain Sierra blitz kings @ 3500 fps.
View attachment 424495
Looks like he lost a wheel

View attachment 424495
Looks like he lost a wheel