Better Than Christmas Presents! ...Pics

Big Sky

SPONSOR
I don't think I could have come up with a better way to enjoy my Christmas break than fishing with my oldest son during his break from college. It's funny how you can't wait for them to grow up and move out, and then absolutely love it when they come back to visit. I'm really going to miss him when he heads back to school tomorrow.

It took us a half a day to figure the fish out and also find some "soft" water. For you Southerner's that means water that isn't frozen. Anyway, once we did, things started to come together. Here's just a few pic's of how things went once we got it figured out. I couldn't have asked for better company or better weather, both were perfect.

First fish of the day.
AaronAdams12-26-13B_zpsc0a1f6a3.jpg

Here's my son landing a brown trout. It was an absolutely beautiful little fishing hole. We just knew something had to be in it, so we were pleased when he hooked this fish. You can actually see it flipping on the bank about 4 feet in front of his boots. While none of these fish are huge they are all native, no put and take stocked trout around here.
AaronAdams12-27-13FSM_zps78c53b78.jpg

Closer pic of the fish that was being landed in the above photo.
AaronAdams12-27-13GSM_zps3b81a2be.jpg

We didn't catch many rainbows. I think we got maybe 4 or 5 between us. This was a nice fish in another absolutely awesome looking fishing hole. I wish some of you guys could experience what we are so fortunate to have out here. We were the only one's on the water. The weather was warm for December in Montana, with temperatures between 45 to 55 degrees. Spending time with my oldest son and successfully catching fish is about as good as it gets.
AaronAdams12-27-13LSM_zps6d5c4278.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.