Best Barrel?

YODASGHOST

Hi guys. I'm am planning to get a custom rifle made up. It will be for predator calling, not long-range shooting.
But I figure a barrelmaker that can make a good barrel for long-range shooting can make a good one for close-range calling.

Sooo...who makes the BEST barrels (in your humble opinion, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif).

i would look into a schnieder barrel i just got mine have not shot it yet but know a few people that have them and they love them they clean really easy and shoot great.

My list includes Lilja, Rock, Hart, Broughton and Kreiger. Take your pick and find a smith that fits them right!!

There are others but these are ones I have intimate experience with. I have fitted ALOT of Liljas and all have easily met my 1/2 moa accuracy requirement before shipping. Generally this is with fireforming loads as well!!

Get a good barrel and just as important a good smith and you will be happy with your finished rifle.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.