A

Nubba0681

Was going to start load development on my new 300wsm that I just had built.
Ordered 200 Bertram brass.
got them in, prepped them, sized them, started loading them up.
While loading I noticed some almost fell in and some almost had to have more than one hand to press them in.
never had this issue before
Tried to go ahead and shoot them anyways beings they were loaded.
very sporadic groups...

2.5-4" at best.

had some Norma brass and tried it...
5 bullets almost in 1 hole with the same load.

checked the necks on the brass and it was pure trash. Neck thickness are very inconsistent. Overall case weight very inconsistent. Outside neck overall wasn't even in the ball park.
I've read all good things about this company and have saw others shoot very well with this brass. Anybody else have this issue?

Group says 5 shot group and some have 6.
I poke a hole in the paper with a bullet and that's what I shoot at
BD522233-1292-4438-8272-D4657E8C263B.png
EEE9C22C-7744-4EB2-A17E-F7720934E7B9.png
7C17A110-04C8-4D49-964A-8F9CDA960698.png

Hate to say it - but I Found the same issue with their 300 Norma brass.

I switched back to Norma brand - one hole groups returned!

I'd call Caleb @ Bertram brass USA and talk with him, he'll get ya fixed up.

I bought 100 or so pieces of it for my .308 Norma before Bertram started becoming popular here. I never had issues with it and it seemed to be good and heavy duty brass. That was 5 or so years ago. Since then I've heard nothing but bad stuff about it. I'd look for some Norma, Winchester, or Hornady. It might not last 10 reloads with max loads, but it will last at least 5+ and not be complete scrap. I've had nothing but success with new Norma brass. I don't have much experience with Winchester. Hornady is a great middle of the road brass option. It catches heat, but they have a huge selection of available cartridges they make brass for and it's decent stuff. It would be awesome if someone like Peterson, ADG, or Lapua would start making WSM brass.

I have about 50 Norma but that will last me no time.
I've got to do something. I paid a good chunk for this brass and I'm very disappointed in the quality of it.

Jud theres alot of people wishing somebody like ADG would make WSM brass me included. I use Winchester 270wsm in my 6.5x300wsm but I do a full case prep and turn necks and it's very accurate after I do that.

Last edited:
yes I wasted a ton of money on some of that very poor brass, never again, even after reselling my unfired brass I lost over $200. educations cost money. the purchase was based on input from a member here!

@L.Sherm I am really surprised no one has picked it up. ADG makes 6.5 PRC, 7mm SAUM, RUM brass, and Nosler brass but they don't make anything for the WSM cases. Peterson makes 28 Nosler and 30 Nosler but no WSM stuff. I don't get it.

I've been pleading with Peterson to make 300 WSM brass, but no luck so far. I sure wish Lapua, ADG, Peterson, or Alpha would come out with some brass!

I've found Winchester to be the toughest, and after hours of prep work it makes good brass. I also had good luck with Federal. Both will hold more pressure than Norma brass in my experience.

I use Bertram exclusively in my 300 rum and it shoots extremely well. Also use it in my last 2 edges

having great luck with Bertram in the 7saum, 7 wsm & 6.5 saum. it seems to be hit or miss, either way give him a ring im sure he'll get ya steered in the right direction.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.