A

I use 7wsm bertram brass, my weight spread was 6 grains over 200 pcs, I always turn necks and anneal -- all brass is usable regardless of manufacture, it just depends on what you expect and how much work you are willing to do. As far as returns to graffs for your "unusable" claims, its usable (you used it, you just didnt like it)--if you bought a car and drove it around for a few months, do you expect the dealer to take it back with a full refund because you didnt like it?

did you check the capacity? many guys claim that the weight is all over the place but capacity is close (I didnt bother to check the capacity) -- as far as complaints-- I have seen quite a few mixed reviews over the past year and a half on these forums on their brass, its supposedly tough brass, but not near as consistent as nosler, norma, lapua, etc but as I said, I don't think Bertram has ever claimed it was consistent. You cant just take a proven load that worked in Norma brass and expect it to work in another manufactures brass-- did you rework your load for the new bertram brass? You said you "prepped" all of the bertram brass, If I were Graffs I wouldnt take it back either-- you already used it regardless if its been fired or not

I use 7wsm bertram brass, my weight spread was 6 grains over 200 pcs, I always turn necks and anneal -- all brass is usable regardless of manufacture, it just depends on what you expect and how much work you are willing to do. As far as returns to graffs for your "unusable" claims, its usable (you used it, you just didnt like it)--if you bought a car and drove it around for a few months, do you expect the dealer to take it back with a full refund because you didnt like it?

did you check the capacity? many guys claim that the weight is all over the place but capacity is close (I didnt bother to check the capacity) -- as far as complaints-- I have seen quite a few mixed reviews over the past year and a half on these forums on their brass, its supposedly tough brass, but not near as consistent as nosler, norma, lapua, etc but as I said, I don't think Bertram has ever claimed it was consistent. You cant just take a proven load that worked in Norma brass and expect it to work in another manufactures brass-- did you rework your load for the new bertram brass? You said you "prepped" all of the bertram brass, If I were Graffs I wouldnt take it back either-- you already used it regardless if its been fired or not

Guess it's a good thing you don't run grafs...
Not sure that you know or have even considered you're talking to somebody that hand loads thousands of rounds a year. I've saw good brass. I've saw bad brass. I've saw mediocre brass and I've saw this batch of Bertram brass unfortunately. If you were the consumer such as myself the shoe would be on the other foot undoubtedly. I couldn't care less of what you think is right or wrong. I prepped 20 like I always do. I was able to seat bullets by hand and pull them back out. Not enough material in them. Others were very, very tight... I would have called anybody I have had this issue with. Hornady, nosler, Norma etc... I have had issues with all 3 stated above and could you imagine what they done? They took care of me by asking me to send the duds in and they sent me some more brass to replace them. No hassle at all... They understand that it's people like you and me that keep them in business. They know that it not only has negative effects on the customer when they say no, we're not helping you even thought our quality is below turd level. It's word of mouth that makes or breaks any and all things. Sure I won't break them... I don't intend to but the other 15-20 people I shoot with including myself will not order another thing from either company. I spend roughly $3500-$5000 a month with them and so do a few others I know. Plenty of other people out there needing business for me to give somebody mine that don't appreciate or take care of me.
We will see and I will update.

I bought 100 Bertram 7 STW about a year ago, my first try. Weighed it first, 12-13 gr difference, instead of bell curve, I had a straight line. Then checked neck thickness with ball mic and it was all over the place. Put it back in sack. It's available to anyone who wants it for $10 shipping.

I think the only way to get a good lot is to purchase 5 X times what you need and sort it to suit your needs. Return rest for a refund, if you can. Forgot to mention, 2 cases had no belt. WTH

I was sent 40 cases for a 28 Nosler to work a load up, after prep I had 9
Pretty spendy brass after that.

I bought 100 Bertram 7 STW about a year ago, my first try. Weighed it first, 12-13 gr difference, instead of bell curve, I had a straight line. Then checked neck thickness with ball mic and it was all over the place. Put it back in sack. It's available to anyone who wants it for $10 shipping.

I think the only way to get a good lot is to purchase 5 X times what you need and sort it to suit your needs. Return rest for a refund, if you can. Forgot to mention, 2 cases had no belt. WTH

Same issues I'm seeing minus the belt...
I just don't see how they see this stuff is fit to produce and sell. I read several reviews on how good this stuff was and now that I have it with bad results, bad is the only feedback I'm seeing. How did I miss this???

Fair enough, I trust your judgement. My brass was ok, not great but available and middle of the line quality..you are also paying for availability and importation. I dont do much business with graffs but it sounds like they are your average company. I prefer midway and brownells . I also prefer other brass manus, but cant get certain cartridges in those brands. I would love to see Peterson or adg come out with wsm brass . I'm going to try fire forming some 7wsm out of other brand 270 or 300 when i get a chance but I'm too busy with other stuff right now.

Again, wasnt trying to sound like a jerk (I'm sure I did though) I just dont have as high of expectations of bertram brass as you I guess as I've seen the mixed reviews.

Fair enough, I trust your judgement. My brass was ok, not great but available and middle of the line quality..you are also paying for availability and importation. I dont do much business with graffs but it sounds like they are your average company. I prefer midway and brownells . I also prefer other brass manus, but cant get certain cartridges in those brands. I would love to see Peterson or adg come out with wsm brass . I'm going to try fire forming some 7wsm out of other brand 270 or 300 when i get a chance but I'm too busy with other stuff right now.

Again, wasnt trying to sound like a jerk (I'm sure I did though) I just dont have as high of expectations of bertram brass as you I guess as I've seen the mixed reviews.

It's all good. Just didn't think you were looking at it from the other side of the rd that I'm standing on. I can deal with mediocre brass as none of it is ever perfect. What do I do when I can literally fold the necks with almost no pressure at all with my thumb? There's not enough material there to even hold my bullet in. In some, there's way more than enough. Then they want to tell me that I can't return it because I opened it up? Crazy...

I have run some bertram brass in 338 edge, case head is strong enough but cases are very inconsistent. Necks are from .010" to 0.022" thick, I would assume that thickness difference carries right through the case body as the weights vari a bunch too. Guys claim that the weight doesn't correlate to volume, but if all the outside measurements are the same the extra brass is somewhere taking up internal volume.
If you are willing to buy a bunch and sort/prep then its ok, but up here its almost $5/piece.
I talked with bertram about testing some 33 and 26 nosler brass months ago, they were going to send me a couple samples to go over. Sent them my info, they confirmed and then poof- ghosted me. So I won't deal with them again, brass is basically junk for precision work and customer service is likely not to be great.

I have run some bertram brass in 338 edge, case head is strong enough but cases are very inconsistent. Necks are from .010" to 0.022" thick, I would assume that thickness difference carries right through the case body as the weights vari a bunch too. Guys claim that the weight doesn't correlate to volume, but if all the outside measurements are the same the extra brass is somewhere taking up internal volume.
If you are willing to buy a bunch and sort/prep then its ok, but up here its almost $5/piece.
I talked with bertram about testing some 33 and 26 nosler brass months ago, they were going to send me a couple samples to go over. Sent them my info, they confirmed and then poof- ghosted me. So I won't deal with them again, brass is basically junk for precision work and customer service is likely not to be great.

I deal with the public in my line of work that I support my family with. I work for the public on the side for extra money to do my thing.
Wether It's to make ends meet or to have play money I give me best and make it right if it's not. I don't see how these big companies just out the little man when they find issues in their products. They just do not care about their products or customers anymore. If they can get it out the door it's no longer their problem. This is some I'm referring to, not all. I'm hoping I can get a portion of my money back or at least a credit of some sort. I don't know what their train of thought is on not wanting to take an opened item back. Who's to know it any any defects if it wasn't opened? This is what bothers me the most... bad brass is bad brass. Terrible customer service or crazy policies such as that ruins companies and reputations. Hoping for the best!

Other forums.
A few here actually.
None of the 300wsm brass though. All bigger calibers.

That's because one of the owners is the importer and sells Bertram.

Yeah I'm guessing Rockslide for sure, that guys a joke.

I had the same issues with 6.5 saum brass, the necks were terrible, primer pockets were jagged and even blocked, case weight varied by almost 20 grains, I measured capacity on 10 fired cases and it varied by almost 2 grains!
Absolutely the worst brass I've ever used, makes Winchester seem like Lapua

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts