Berger elite hunters over 3k

300 gr elite gave me pass through on my bull at 1300 yards. Another at 1096. The close shot ive done i didnt get a pass through but i shot them intentionally in the shoulder, with destroying there organs and bullet in offside shoulder. The other long shots went in right behind so never got any bone. I loaded some 180's in my moms 300wsm going 3k ill let you know how they perform on a rosevelt this week

I've killed a good bunch of deer, a few antelope and an elk with 175 EH going 3075 fps from 80 yards to 920. Furthest anything went was about 15 yards. I did shoot the elk 2x, 2nd shot wasn't needed but it was still standing you could see blood pumping out and I sent another rather than potentially having it go anywhere on me.
Everything passed through but the elk, found bullets on off side right under the hide.

If ELDM's are that explosive how are the ELDX's ?m

At a 90 degree angle, 150# buck, 162 gr eldX a little over 3000 fps blew the shoulder completely off the buck. He went over 400 yards in south Texas brush. That is totally not cool if you have ever been in south Texas brush you know what I'm talking about. Never again so I made fishing weights out of all those bullets. Lol.

I've killed a good bunch of deer, a few antelope and an elk with 175 EH going 3075 fps from 80 yards to 920. Furthest anything went was about 15 yards. I did shoot the elk 2x, 2nd shot wasn't needed but it was still standing you could see blood pumping out and I sent another rather than potentially having it go anywhere on me.
Everything passed through but the elk, found bullets on off side right under the hide.
That 175 EH is a killer for sure.

When a bullet that performs well in general has enough " ifs, ands and buts" attached something will go very wrong eventually.
A few inches off your perfect aiming point from a puff, a few too many degrees angling away, a half step after launch etc.
Use a bullet that gets expansion AND penetration. Eliminate variables up front.!

If ELDM's are that explosive how are the ELDX's ?
The ELD-X has, a .037 Thick Jacket and ELD-M's have,.. a .018 ,.. THIN,.. Jacket !
I use the 143 grain ELD-X's in my 6.5 Creed to Hunt with and, the 130 ELD-M's at 2,800+ FPS, to PLINK steel and, Coyotes, with.
STAY OFF,.. Bone with, either Bullet,.. IMO
In our Family, BERGER Hunting, Elites or, Classics, are #1 and, ELD-X's are, #2,.. "Killers".
Eld-M's stay on, the Target Range,.. for, us

Last edited: