Bergara B-14 BMP 6.5 Creedmoor 24" Barrel

Texas Speed Bump

Just picked up my first 6.5 Creedmoor and am looking for owners of the same rifle who are willing to share any of their favorite loads to get me started. My son-in-law has an HMR in 6.5 Creed that loves Hornady Black 140 grain so I thought I'd start with that as a factory load. Still need to get a die before I can start some reloads. I'd love to hear from similar rifle owners... Thanks

I've got a full reloading setup but am waiting on my full-length 6.5 Creedmoor die set to come in. Am particularly interested in what folks think the best bullet weights are for a 24" 1:8 twist barrel. Want to develop a good long distance target round and a good medium-sized game hunting round for 100 to 500 yards.

140s or down to 130s. Maybe the 143/147 ELDs if you aren't on the "Hate Hornady" train.

Hammer just released a new 115 Power Hammer I might try for hunting loads next season, I used them in 30 cal this year to great effect.

It's hard to beat 140gn bullets and H4350 in a 6.5 CM. I've had much better results with extruded powders over ball powders in the heat we get down here. Ramshot Hunter and Hybrid 100V both work, but not my preference compared to H4350. H-Superperformance is fast and accurate in my hunting rifle, but I'm not maxing it out.

140s or down to 130s. Maybe the 143/147 ELDs if you aren't on the "Hate Hornady" train.

Hammer just released a new 115 Power Hammer I might try for hunting loads next season, I used them in 30 cal this year to great effect.

It's hard to beat 140gn bullets and H4350 in a 6.5 CM. I've had much better results with extruded powders over ball powders in the heat we get down here. Ramshot Hunter and Hybrid 100V both work, but not my preference compared to H4350. H-Superperformance is fast and accurate in my hunting rifle, but I'm not maxing it out.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I've emailed Steve at Hammer asking for his recommendations. Am anxious to hear what he has to say.

I've got a full reloading setup but am waiting on my full-length 6.5 Creedmoor die set to come in. Am particularly interested in what folks think the best bullet weights are for a 24" 1:8 twist barrel. Want to develop a good long distance target round and a good medium-sized game hunting round for 100 to 500 yards.
143g ELDX with either H4350(41.5g), IMR4451(42.0g), or 100V.
127g LRX with 42.6g of H4350 .050 or more off the lands. (Sould be good on Elk to 500ish)
140 ELDM with Reloader16
140 Gold Dot with Reloader16
The 123, 130 eldm would probably also work great on deer/hogsout to 500.

SSTs, GMC/CX and interlocks are all good hunting bullets. For the deer/hogs you could probably get away with Sierra Game Kings as well.

Best piece of advice: buy some Lapua or Peterson brass now while it's available. You won't regret it! (Hornady brass SUCKS)

Last edited: