Bell & Carlson Medalist for 110

Ryan55555

Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

Bell & Carlson Medalist

2980 Savage 110 Long Action *NEW*

How big of a barrel can one use on these? I have read the description and understand it is not for heavy varmint or sendero contours.

I have a Brux barrel that starts out at 1.060" and tapers down to .750" at the muzzle.

Is there enough material to modify this stock so that my barrel will fit?

Thanks,

Ryan

I would send an email to the guys at stockys. Thats what I did before I ordered a stock from them. They were quick with a reply and know their stuff.

IT WILL WORK, I have the same setup in a 110 with a shilen select match in 6.5-284, mine is heavier, 0.920 at the muzzle.

JOE FROM MEXICO.

That is encouraging Jose.

Did you skim bed yours at all or just drop it in and go?

Are you happy with it?

How much material if any do you remove from the barrel channel.

Thanks,

Ryan

NO, I did not had to open the barrel channel. it was skim bedded, and also used a special 8 oz. trigger that I cant remember the brand. rifle works great much more accurate than I for sure.

its difficult to belive a cheap stock could work so good.

its the only savage target rifle I own, I have several rem700´s and this rifle parties with them and sometimes wins..

Joe Mariné

I've got one with a Savage heavy sporter contour in it, .690 at 28" I think, straight taper from ~2" past the breech end. I had to open the barrel channel, the stock comes with a standard sporter inlet. The forend is narrow so the sides will get thin quickly. I've got about 3/16" left at the tip of the forend and personally wouldn't put a heavier contour in it. Stockade makes a sporter stock with a little wider forend that would fit a heavier contour better I think.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.