Bear encounters

vergy

I copied and pasted this from another site.

"I was reading a post from a guide in Wyoming that had a grizzly encounter while hunting elk with a client. Scary stuff - I'll quote it below. Someone posted a link to some of the journal entries from Lewis & Clark. Man - those boys must have had some eye opening encounters when seeing their first grizzlies. Here's the link: https://franceshunter.wordpress.com...IWR7g5NTvnLJe_lpbCgZqg5OfBIQlm3A4RRkNTQvsZn4A

Parts of the story from the guide - this was back in 2021:
"Keeping it short, on September 29th, we were charged by a grizzly while trying to recover a bull elk. Before we could lay eyes on the elk, we had a griz charge us. We first set eyes on the bear at about 20 yards and he was already charging. With little time to react, my hunter and I had to shoot the bear. With the hunters first shot out of his 45 hitting the bear in the head at about 15 yards. The bear kept on coming after three shots and getting bear sprayed. Because of the angle the bear came in, I had a broad side shot between a couple pines so I shot him in the shoulder three times passing through and through. After my shots were fired the bear slowed but continued to go after my clients. I stepped around the tree to intervene between the bear and my hunters while I continued to fire, hitting the bear in the neck and head. After the hunter and I shot the bear multiple times, the bear finally died about 5 feet from us. As this was going down everything was slow motion. Felt like a lifetime but according to a group that heard it all go down, it lasted about 5 seconds.

On a side note, make sure you do your research on ammunition and weapon caliber before you venture into grizzly country. The hunter firing with me was shooting a self defense +P hollow point. The first shot that hit the bear between the eyes, didn't even scratch the skull. At least two other shots of his didn't pass through the fat. I was shooting the Buffalo Bore Dangerous Game 190 grain mono-metal rounds which passed through with every shot besides the shots to the skull which went through, but did not exit. I wont bash on revolvers and limited rounds but I will say that I am super thankful we each had 15 round mags. Don't disregard anything when researching your caliber and ammo. Look into all pros and cons to choose the right weapon for you. Don't just pick a weapon and go with it. PRACTICE!!"