• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED bbl'd action in 300 RUM TRUED/LAPPED

the444shooter

--also posted in parts classified section--

Had a spare Remington Action that was begging to be built on, so I bought the 300RUM barrel from Shawn at Defensive Edge. Barrel was a brand new, unfired take-off barrel from a Sendero SFII, and the action is an older (pre-J lock) Remington 700 in blue. Had my gunsmith install the barrel, true the action, open up bolt face, install Sako-style extractor, do a trigger job, and fix the safety so you can open the bolt while on safe. My A.D.D. is turning me towards AR style platforms, so I'm giving up on the rest of this project. I'm asking $700 shipped to your FFL for this bbl'd action (find a good HS stock for $200, and you have a TRUED Sendero SFII clone for $900!!!)

Another thing to note is that when the 'smith put the barrel on, it didn't time up perfectly to have the Remington Factory wording visible. So he put the caliber in scrollwork on the bbl, pretty tastefully, IMHO.

IM me with any questions--Thank you!

Attachments

• bbld action profile.JPG
    bbld action profile.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 8
  • bbld action scrollwork.JPG
    bbld action scrollwork.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Re: bbl'd action in 300 RUM

PMs returned, and there seems to be a theme in them, so I'll address some more questions here.

Spoke to my smith and ACTION HAS BEEN TRUED, LUGS LAPPED

I will not part it out--it is going as a complete barreled action.

Last edited:
Maybe its just me but this seems to be a little over priced....especially since I know you have a stock for this probably sitting just out of sight of your photos.....Ben Spanknit

Well that's an interesting response, I guess. No, sadly to say, I got rid of the stock that was on it when I thought I was going to keep this gun and put it into a different style of stock.