Barrel too thin?

Oklahunter1

I am getting a suppressor for my Savage 116 6.5x284 with 24" barrel or my Browning A Bolt .280 with 22" barrel. The barrel diameter of the savage is .575". The barrel diameter of the browning is .600". I talked with Thunderbeast and they said to send guns to them and they will put proprietary thread adapter on. My question is both guns shoot exceptional and I don't want to hurt the accuracy, Will this work?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for bringing this up. I was told the same thing by other manufacturers but never really understood why.

Thunderbeast has chopped and threaded several barrels for me. Its a bit of drive for me to get there, but I like having them do the work since I know it will be done right. And if they say it can be threaded, then I know it can. Several of mine have been in that diameter range and both shot the same or better after getting suppressed.

And if you are worried about it, send just 1 up there to get done. The 2nd will be sent shortly is my bet.

Thunderbeast has chopped and threaded several barrels for me. Its a bit of drive for me to get there, but I like having them do the work since I know it will be done right. And if they say it can be threaded, then I know it can. Several of mine have been in that diameter range and both shot the same or better after getting suppressed.

What was the cost?
If I send it to them I'd have to incur shipping, but I do like the idea of having them do all the work vs a local gunsmith.

yah just call TBAC and see what they say. having them do it would be an extra plus. $120 is a good deal. i have GAP do mine, and its $150.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.