barrel painting

gohring3006

Is there any methods on a very smooth blued barrel to get the paint to stick permanently Montana marine had a good tip in another thread but I was hijacking so I posted the question here is there a particular type of paint does it affect accuracy, I used self etching primer on my stock before painting and the paint is on there good it worked so good that I used the primer Before I jb welded my recoil lug the jb finally stuck. I wonder if it would help the paint stick to the barrel

Attachments

• IMG_20140803_184342_318.jpg
    IMG_20140803_184342_318.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 27
No i have not used it and have no experience in doing it but have a gun that is coated in it and it is tough.

There is a thread around here called cerakote oven where guys are discussing building homebrew ovens.

Just a FYI dont use anything you can buy at walmart or home depot to paint it. Maybe 8 years ago when i was younger and got my first shotgun i painted it using the high temp oven paint... it did not work out at all...

Dura coat from Laurer Weaponry.com,(also can be purchased from midway), easy to put on and you do not have to bake it. Have used on 6 - 7 of my guns and have never had a problem.

3006, had a barrel, action, scope rings, bottom metal, all screws and the bolt Cerakoted 4 years ago due to some rust after a wet hunt. Still not a mark on it and the color goes great with the Bell & Carlson stock. Paid $160, but I'm sure it is a little higher now. Very tough stuff if it stands up to my hunts. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.