• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Barnes Banded Solids Needed

jnelson

In need of a handfull of 300 grain .375 Barnes Banded Solids. I understand there has been an ATF restriction on manufacturing due to fear of people loading them as "metal piercing"rounds. I have a 21 day scheduled in Tanzania early September, and could use a box, partial box, or anything someone would be willing to part with. I intend on using them as "buffalo piercing"!!!!
thanx
Josh Nelson
Paola, Kansas
913-709-8599

First I have to get on the soap box: Like we in California didn't see that coming. Yeah right. I have believed that declaring solids/monolithic/lead free to be armor piercing was in the works all along as an end around form of disarming the honest.

OK done with that.

Did a quick look and the .375 300 grain and 350 grain were discontinued. The larger calibers .400 to .600 are mostly in stock at Midway with those not instock, "back order ok" which would leave me to believe they are still in production.

For the .375 there is Cutting Edge Bullets Safari Solid Bullets 375 Cal (375 Diameter) 300 for solids and and Cutting Edge Bullets Safari Raptor Bullets 375 Cal (375 Diameter) 275 for hollow point, Hornady Dangerous Game Bullets 375 Cal (375 Diameter) 300 Grain DGS and Hornady Dangerous Game Bullets 375 Cal (375 Diameter) 300 Grain DGX for expanding. Nosler solids and Woodleigh FMJ and soft point.

The CEBs are brass and look like the program for what you are asking for. The Hornadys are copper.

Yes I believe the nosler & cutting edge are brass bullets. Those noslers have a heavy price tag at almost $3 a bullet.
I have 20 of the Barnes banded solids 300gr. Bullets I would sell for $2.50 a bullet. I know it's expensive but I really don't want to sell & like you said they don't make them anymore.
I will say for the price those Hornady DGS are good bullets & they won't expand on a game animal either.

Brass bullet is the Barnes 300gr. banded solid the other is Hornady 300gr. DGS.
What 375 are you shooting?

Last edited: