Backpack for a LOOOOONG rifle?

Checkout Stone Glacier - I've hunted with one for the last two years and swear by them. Bulletproof build - ultralight (3.5 lbs) - incredibly adjustable - has a large integrated meat shelf. Best pack I've ever used and that list is LONG!

It largely depends on how quick you need the rifle

Another stone glacier pack user here in Alaska... Their system is excellent as long as you don't need the rifle quickly. For the last 3 years, I have been using the Kifaru gun bearer even with my looong rigs with success

Kick *** pack btw!!!!!

The Kifaru Gun Bearer works great for me. I use it with my Kuiu Icon Pro 5200. I was able to harvest a mule deer this year because I was using the Gun Bearer. I was able to get my rifle out of the gun bearer, put a round in the chamber, shoulder my rifle, and make a clean killing shot within about 5 seconds. Any other carry system and I think I would have had to watch the deer run away. My rifle is about 12.5# with a 26" barrel.

I had an Eberlestock J34 that I used on my mule deer hunt last year. I sold it. It was o.k. but it would sag and sway too much for me. Also, the rifle scabbord was a bit of a pain in the butt getting my rifle into and out and keeping my gear secured in the pack. My rifle is a 12.5 #, 26" barrel 7 mm mag.
I am going with a Kuiu Icon Pro this year and plan on carrying my rifle along the side of the pack.
I may try to rig a Kifaru universal gun bearer on the Kuiu pack.

good luck

I run the Kifaru gun bearer on my kuiu icon 3000. Works well

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.