AZ Members

Yep .I was thinking the same thing!
Most seem to be down south, but I have greeted a few that were in the phx metro area . I still work in the valley, but I'm up in Black Canyon City. Moved up here from the valley 9 years ago. Love it up here. All the things I like to do are really close by. Can't shoot off my porch, but less than 3 miles to target shooting which makes it pretty nice . I do most of my hunting within 30 minutes to 2 hours from here. Usually get the jump on traffic getting in and out of town, too when heading up north.

How about you? Where you located?

Thats awesome to be located where you can shoot and hunt so close! Im in tucson, I usually can be in good hunting country within an hour or two. Hard to find a range here where you can get way out there, usually have to do it in the mountains

Dry Heat here. Lived in Tucson since 1960. Just purchased a 30 Nosler for an Early Rifle Bull Hunt in Unit 22 North. I figure I've got 6 months to develop a good load for it and familiarize myself with it. Can't be too much different from the 7 Rem Mag I've Shot most of my life. I bought Nosler Trophy Grade Ammo with 210 gr ABLR Bullets as they are only a few dollars more for 20 Cartridges compared to 25 unfired brass. I bought some Hornady 212 gr ELD X Bullets to try but have read about a few complaints concerning them. But if either proves accurate enough, I'm sure they will do just fine on our Monster wapitis. Gonna investigate the Hammer Bullets too.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts