• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Axis stock options???

megastink

I'm picking up a heavy barrel 6.5 Creedmoor tomorrow for a budget build. Looking for synthetic stock options with an aluminum bed block. I can't find any, and I hope I'm just overlooking something. I don't want wood, but if I must.....

So far, a Boyd's Pro Varmint is winning my mental contest. I could pillar bed the stock and bed the recoil lug, which should get groups well below 1moa.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for me, or perhaps a trick to get a 10/11 stock to fit. Al help is appreciated.

PS: I know someone is reading this thinking, "Ugh, an axis... save your money and buy a...."

Look, I get where you're coming from. However, this is a challenge I want to undertake. There's also some gunsmithing I want to learn to do and would rather not do it on my 111 .270. Please leave helpful comments only. Thank you!!!

I would look into stockade stocks. Just got a recoil lug and barrel nut from him this week. Super nice guy and he offers a lot of savage parts and stocks. Also you get the man in charge of things and he actually answers the phone which is more than I can say for other companies. I highly recommend given them a call. Just my 2 cents

I'm picking up a heavy barrel 6.5 Creedmoor tomorrow for a budget build. Looking for synthetic stock options with an aluminum bed block. I can't find any, and I hope I'm just overlooking something. I don't want wood, but if I must.....

So far, a Boyd's Pro Varmint is winning my mental contest. I could pillar bed the stock and bed the recoil lug, which should get groups well below 1moa.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for me, or perhaps a trick to get a 10/11 stock to fit. Al help is appreciated.

PS: I know someone is reading this thinking, "Ugh, an axis... save your money and buy a...."

Look, I get where you're coming from. However, this is a challenge I want to undertake. There's also some gunsmithing I want to learn to do and would rather not do it on my 111 .270. Please leave helpful comments only. Thank you!!!

If it's a budget build rework the Axis stock. Or you could put it in a budget chassis
https://mdttac.com/lss-chassis-system.html

I just pillar bedded my axis to a model 10 wood stock , turned out great , but I like wood, done properly the wood never touches the metal , only the pillars and dev-con do , I've bedded several this way that shooot better than I can , .5 moa and better, this is my third to be bedded to a different footprint stock, my next project is my mk ii and a 2x6 , should be interesting

I just pillar bedded my axis to a model 10 wood stock , turned out great , but I like wood, done properly the wood never touches the metal , only the pillars and dev-con do , I've bedded several this way that shooot better than I can , .5 moa and better, this is my third to be bedded to a different footprint stock, my next project is my mk ii and a 2x6 , should be interesting

How did you get the Axis to fit into a model 10 stock???

I'd either pillar bed a boyds or that lss chassis looks sweet. If my next axis was going to be a short action I'd have me on of those chassis but I'm going long action with a 280ai so I'm going to do another boyds