ATN Rifle Scopes

sdeso

Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with ATN scopes?

I have been looking at an ATN 6-18x65LU Day Time RifleScope with interchangeable cams and it really seems like an affordable and versatile scope.

I say this because of what I have read, but the truth is that I do not know anyone that has one or any dealer in my area that sells this brand of scope! Unfortunately, my information on this scope is somewhat limited.

Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Below is the site with information on this scope:

http://www.atncorp.com/DayOptics/RifleScopes/ATN6-18x65LU

My only experience is from HANDLING - as I know the Spanish importer. THEY'RE HEAVY. The Glass is Russian origen - they openly talk of CASPIAN SEA SANDS. From what I've heard they have a high lead content - makes clear optics But weighty. The coatings are not leading edge. All teh zooms are (I think) 1st focal plane - but the choice of reticle tends to be limited. Cant comment on the CAM accuracy.

Frankly you need to be able to see one - the optics may be OK for your needs - but it's a price/performance issue. I personally wouldnt buy one.

Thanks for the input. I will look into the weight issue. I am still trying to find a local retailer that has one.
One of the issues that is weighing in on my decision is the cost factor. These scopes seem to be a little more affordable than some of the Leupold, Zies and such.
I have read up on the paralax and single plane focus. What i read is, that it takes a bit to get used to it. Does this single plane focus really play a big part on accuracy when hunting or is it like most things, when you practice with what you have you get more accurate?
Do other scope maker that have long range drop compensators have this same issue or have they been able to overcome this paralax effect? Thanks for the help!

One of my friends just ordered one to put on a Savage 112BVSS in 300wsm I haven't seen it yet, but he had one on a Winchester Super Shadow in the same caliber that was stolen before he got to shoot it, and he liked it good enough to order another one.

ATN, by far the worst, pice of junk on the Market.......

Run Away Fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

fmsniper,
Could you please elaberate as to why you think they are a piece of junk. What has your experience with this scope been? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.