Asking for help from a 30cal bullet expert!

nksmfamjp

Cartridge is 300 Sherman..,,,basically a soup'd up 30-06.

I was running Berger 180 EH bullets at 3050fps with no pressure issues.

I switched to Hornady 178 ELD-X. ELD-X, but velocities are slower at max pressure. 2950fps.

The issue is the difference in ogive shape drives the bullet deeper in the case which eats up powder capacity.

What 165-180gr bullet can I put it that will get me over 3000 fps without eating up so much powder space?

Another option is to find some reloader 17 to buy.

Possibly the hammer hunters or the absolutes. Just be sure you have fast enough twist Rate to stabilize them.

What powder are you using? Sounds like you are using a powder that's way too fast.
Reloader 26….I think I should of built off Reloade 17, but we don't have much choice these days.

What powder are you currently using?
see above

Barnes TSX
Thinking about the TTSX and LRX, but they are long with short noses. I feel like that will cause them to be deep in the case…maybe not so bad.

Possibly the hammer hunters or the absolutes
They are on my short list, but a bit spendy!

Not what you asked, but I load for 30-06 AI and case capacity is an issue. I had to compress Reloader 23 to much to find pressure. I found that Staball 6.5 works great in the AI. I am pushing a 200 gr Berger at 2830. I am at about 90% fill. With the Sherman you should have room to seat as deep as you need.

Recent Posts