Anyone have a Terminator T1+ muzzle brake?

KMLampson

I have a Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag with a Bartlein #19 barrel (Rem mag sporter contour) and I'm thinking of putting a Terminator T1+ brake on it. Anyone have any experience with this specific muzzle brake, and if so are they happy with it? Otherwise, I was thinking of going with the Terminator T2, but I kinda like the idea of the T1 "plus" being in between the T1 and T2. I primarily shoot 180 gr to 200 gr pills out of this rifle, and use it for both deer and elk. I have other rifles with side ported brakes, just not Terminators.

I have a Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag with a Bartlein #19 barrel (Rem mag sporter contour) and I'm thinking of putting a Terminator T1+ brake on it. Anyone have any experience with this specific muzzle brake, and if so are they happy with it? Otherwise, I was thinking of going with the Terminator T2, but I kinda like the idea of the T1 "plus" being in between the T1 and T2. I primarily shoot 180 gr to 200 gr pills out of this rifle, and use it for both deer and elk. I have other rifles with side ported brakes, just not Terminators.
I have a T4 on my 338 lapua I don't have any experience with the T1 or T2 my other rifle is a 6.5 x 284 Norma I'm very happy with the APA little bastard brake as well

The T1+ brake came about because I wanted a Terminator that could be turned flush with a #5 barrel. Typically .700" at the muzzle and the T1+ is .715". Terminators are not usually turned down to match the barrel contour. Since it is a 9/16 thread and your barrel wont take a 5/8 I would say the T1+ would be the best choice for you. Terminator brakes are as effective as it gets and they dont seem to have as much concussion as others in that effectiveness class. The machine work on them removes any unnecessary material as well, making them as light as many others TI brakes. One of my favorites.

Last edited:

I don't have any experience with a T1+ unfortunately but.......

My buddy has a T1 on his ultralight Savage with a skinny barrel, T1 is sure cute haha!
He has a T2 on his 7LRM shooting 180's and 195's.
I've got a T3 on my 28 Nosler shooting 195's with a Sendero Proof Carbon barrel and had my gunsmith turn it to blend perfectly as I prefer that look.
He is having a LR muzzleloader built now and will have a Terminator as well, not sure which size though.

Our gunsmith uses that line as much as he can for a very good reason. All 3 of our rifles have very little recoil and are an excellent line of brakes. They are the most effective I've used or have shot. Not sure any if that helps but love the Terminator brakes! Side ported are the only way to go, you get a lot less dirt in your teeth and on your scope lens.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.