Anyone have a Proof Rifle or prefit barrel in a PRC?

c-ne-elk

Looking to see if anyone with a Proof Research rifle or prefit barrel in one of the PRC chamberings that reloads has any issues with bolt click?

I am looking to get one in 7PRC but do not want to have to mess with bolt click issues.

Thanks!

Looking to see if anyone with a Proof Research rifle or prefit barrel in one of the PRC chamberings that reloads has any issues with bolt click?

I am looking to get one in 7PRC but do not want to have to mess with bolt click issues.

Thanks!
Haven't heard of bolt click with the 7 yet. I've had it bad in my 300 and had to run a aw2 into it.

NO "Bolt Click" with, my Son's, 7 PRC Proof, 24" barrel, running 180 ELD-M's at, 2,985 FPS with StaBall HD, in ADG Brass.
He's getting, group's, in the Low 3's to 4's,.. consistently and with, the PVA Jet Blast, 3 Port Brake, very little,.. Recoil / Muzzle Jump.

I haven't gotten any clickers in my 6.5 Proof Prefit yet but am only on 3x with the brass. I am using a SAC sizing die though, which should help.

Last edited:
I have a Proof 6.5 PRC prefit on an Impact 737R. Using Peterson and Lapua brass, Hornady Match Sizing Die and Forster Micrometer seating die. The brass has 5x firings and no issues.

I've had a couple 300 prc barrels with clickers, the two Proof that I've had chambered for 300 PRC with an AW2 Reamer did / do not have clickers.

A friend and myself both have clickers on proof 7 prc prefits. Adg brass and I've never been above 2930fps. AW2 reamer should be here soon