Anyone Familiar with Thermal Rifle Scopes?

I had an ATN and was not happy with it, battery life was terrible. ATN support is spotty so I sold mine. Iray and Berring optics make good thermals. Hogster is very popular with the hog hunters here in Texas and the newer Super Yoter is a full 640. I almost bought the Yoter seeing as its made
in Texas and uses a LaRue Tactical QD mount I backed out when I discovered that the internal chipsets were from China and the same chinese internals were in the IRay. I wanted to go 100% American but could not afford Trigicon or N-vision. Rather than help the Chinese military develop thermal optics that could be used against Americans in the future. I maxed out my budget and bought Pulsar which is based in Lithuania.
I have the new Thermion 2 Pro LRF 640 res, base mag is 2x and will go up to 16x. Here are 2 images of the same feral cat at base 2x and at 8x. Cat is 40yds out. Image from through the viewfinder is way way better than this screenshot

I have the ATN Thor LT and for the money, I am satisfied. Traded in one of their night scopes for it as the night vision weighed a ton. Tough to sight in, the one shot zero took me a while to figure out. I have a FLIR monocular and the image of the ATN is comparable. Weight is more than a scope but you would expect that. I don't have any issues with the battery but I typically glass the area with the FLIR and only turn on the scope when considering a shot. I would not recommend the 2-4X beyond 100 yards though, tough to find a target for my old eyes.

I finally got out to sight in my Digex C50 scope on AR10.

The red target was my daylight 100 yard sight in on the scope.

The orange target was 9:30 at night in the dark at 100 yards.

Looks like the POI shifted on me?

1) Could be that I rotated the IR light to the right some and this changed POI.

2) Could be I sighted and held different at night due to my own vision somehow?

3) Could be the software in the scope needs you to sight it at night to be on, and sighting in daylight doesnt translate perfectly to night
sight in?

Not sure.....got some more work to figure this out. But if anyone else has similar experience, let me know.
I finally got out to sight in my Digex C50 scope on AR10.

The red target was my daylight 100 yard sight in on the scope.

The orange target was 9:30 at night in the dark at 100 yards.

Looks like the POI shifted on me?

1) Could be that I rotated the IR light to the right some and this changed POI.

2) Could be I sighted and held different at night due to my own vision somehow?

3) Could be the software in the scope needs you to sight it at night to be on, and sighting in daylight doesnt translate perfectly to night
sight in?

Not sure.....got some more work to figure this out. But if anyone else has similar experience, let me know.
Veteran, I have 2 thermal scopes and know several others that have and use them on frequent basis never have any of them or myself had a POI shift and I swap mine rifle to rifle fairly often, there is something wrong with that unit. I am not familiar with Digex C50, as I only have experience with Pulsar and Trigicon, don't know what you paid for the Digex C50, but if it was north of $2500.00 I would be on the phone with customer service promptly. My old Pulsar Trail 38 has been on numerous rifles for almost 8 years and has only been sighted in 1 time and is still dead on every time.

Veteran, I have 2 thermal scopes and know several others that have and use them on frequent basis never have any of them or myself had a POI shift and I swap mine rifle to rifle fairly often, there is something wrong with that unit. I am not familiar with Digex C50, as I only have experience with Pulsar and Trigicon, don't know what you paid for the Digex C50, but if it was north of $2500.00 I would be on the phone with customer service promptly. My old Pulsar Trail 38 has been on numerous rifles for almost 8 years and has only been sighted in 1 time and is still dead on every time.
Oops I didnt know the Digex C50 is a Pulsar product, I would give em a call they are pretty user friendly and will help you figure it out.

Well, 1st Im gonna go shoot again in daylight and see if its on zero. Then Im gonna rotate the IR light and check zero/poi after that.

Then Im gonna shoot again at night and see if its me or the scope?

Then, I will have enough data to call Pulsar/Digex if still have a problem.

Retested the AR with day and night sight-in during opening deer season week end in Texas.

Wind blew really hard few days before when I did this.

But, it looks a lot better than before.
Must have been the Indian and not the arrow that was off before.

Heres the target comparison for day and night. It seems acceptable to me.

Much the same now vs. before as posted in this thread.

I made sure the IR light was rotated
to the right of the scope. Used same sand bag set up and same ammo.

Tried to be more consistent on my sight picture too.

Attachments

• 20221103_220243.jpg
    20221103_220243.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221103_220233.jpg
    20221103_220233.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 28