Anybody read NRA American Hunter - this next issue is special for me..

Ian M

June issue will have my Alaskan brown bear hunt as a feature - dream hunt came true. We (bear and I) will be in Houston for the annual convention, we will be hanging-out at the T/C booth...

[ QUOTE ]
That'll be a helluva hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was a helluva hunt. The bear is already stuffed and mounted.

Ian give our friend a link to the pictures of you and Len by your bear. I looked (quickly) for it the other day and didn't find it.

Good memory. Congrats as well, again.

BTW This got me wondering if you have had an time to copy that training info we had discussed earlier this year? I know you are busy and I'm in no rush for it but I thought I would ask.

Re: Anybody read NRA American Hunter - this next issue is special for

I have read an advance copy of Ian's article. Now, if I had been in that bear camp standing next to Ian as his bear bore down on us...my pants would have been the color of the bear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Years ago a famous ALASKA guide said to me , while viewing pics from his hunter/client"s full size and upright bear mount. "You know if the bear really looked like that in the field, nobody would hunt them". Low these many years have not proved him wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oops: reply is for Ian
american hunter came last night and i knew right where to go! awesome story,how could you sleep at night? it sent chills up the back of my neck! great hunt!

Read the art. Very good. That's kinda why I upgraded from a 270 Win to 375 H&H for where the Elk and Bruin habs overlap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Also will nap @ night in a tin can on wheels vs. the tent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ian - I finally got a chance to read the article. You should be a freelance writer or something. Great piece but it gave me nightmares. I think I'll sleep with my gun tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You should be a freelance writer or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

He already is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.