• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

ANOTHER STOLEN POST PICTURE, WHAT IS HAPPENING ON HERE?

OK, wrong forum, but where did you post and where did he post?

Assuming you reported it?

I wonder if Joe270 was hacked. He's been a member for 7yrs, so it seems unlikely he's going to turn into a scammer now.
Absolutely!
Hard to say, I see quite a few posts that have been here and not posted, odd? Scammers seem to be abundant; this is the second time for me in 2 months that I know of. I see quite a few that come in here and post ridiculous posts, and then there are 5-10-15 or more pages of responses. That is how they start!

FYI if you missed my posting on similar issue. My avatar and username was used to create an account on Hunt Talk and proceeded to screw folks on their classifieds after he established enough posts. My point is that we cannot assume anyone's ID is actually that person unless you have actual data that can be traced back to the ID in question.

Avatars, usernames and items are being scammed now so our due diligence has to raise up a couple notches.

FYI if you missed my posting on similar issue. My avatar and username was used to create an account on Hunt Talk and proceeded to screw folks on their classifieds after he established enough posts. My point is that we cannot assume anyone's ID is actually that person unless you have actual data that can be traced back to the ID in question.

Avatars, usernames and items are being scammed now so our due diligence has to raise up a couple notches.
There are quite a few of them lovely ladies in here!

My gunbroker accout was stolen and listings posted...still had my address on it when I got back in to it with money order as the only payment accepted. Some one had done a buy it now and when I contacted then to not send payment they had already paid with zelle... Gunbroker FINALLY got back to me on it and cancelled all of the other auctions after they had ended. I was able to get with everyone and explain what happened and helped the one that got scammed with emails back and forth with gunbroker for his bank, hope he got his money back. My lesson learned is to make passwords hard to guess/random and change them every once in a while

My gunbroker accout was stolen and listings posted...still had my address on it when I got back in to it with money order as the only payment accepted. Some one had done a buy it now and when I contacted then to not send payment they had already paid with zelle... Gunbroker FINALLY got back to me on it and cancelled all of the other auctions after they had ended. I was able to get with everyone and explain what happened and helped the one that got scammed with emails back and forth with gunbroker for his bank, hope he got his money back. My lesson learned is to make passwords hard to guess/random and change them every once in a while
So many scammers and charlatans ! It is a shame what is allowed and is becoming run of the mill.

I highly recommend two factor authentication on all accounts. At least makes it more difficult to hack. And ask a seller if they'll FaceTime with you.
Yes, but the one that got scammed on my gunbroker account spoke to a woman on the phone. She told him they preferred Zelle and gave him the id to pay.