Another Mississippi Newbie

Big Bad John

Greetings from the Jackson, MS metro! Just found the LRH website last week. I just got into rifles, shooting, hunting, etc. at the young age of 53. I don't know why it took me so long! Just got my first rifle, a Savage 93R17 BSEV (0.17 HMR) and am getting it dialed in and setup the way I want.

I guess the long range bug hit me when I was reading about some fellas using these rimfires to shoot 300 yards and past. I was skeptical at first, but I think there may be some truth in it. Personally, I think the 17 HMR is a 200 yard rifle at best...at least it is for me with my current abilities. It was from that point that I started searching out long range hunting and shooting techniques and found this site. I've got a LOOONNNNNGGGGG way to go in my search for knowledge.

My next rifle will be a centerfire set up for long range shooting and hunting. I don't know why this intrigues me so much, but it does.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be bugging you guys with questions. Great to be a part of this community. BBJ

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.