• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SELLER: ANGUS80 scammer alert

gsr1578

ALERT FOR YOU GUYS!!!! I BOUGHT A SET OF L.E. WILSON 6.5 PRC DIES (NOV. 3,2023) FROM ANGUS80 WHICH HE NEVER DELIVERED!!!! ONCE I CONTACTED HIM, HE SAID THEY MUST GOTTEN LOST? THEN HE SAID HE WOULD SEND ME MY $100 BACK BUT NEVER DID!! PAYED WITH POSTAL MONEY ORDER SO NOW I AM GOING TO POST OFFICE TO FILE A CLAIM OF FRUAD!!! HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HELP.

THANKS,
STEVEN

ALERT FOR YOU GUYS!!!! I BOUGHT A SET OF L.E. WILSON 6.5 PRC DIES (NOV. 3,2023) FROM ANGUS80 WHICH HE NEVER DELIVERED!!!! ONCE I CONTACTED HIM, HE SAID THEY MUST GOTTEN LOST? THEN HE SAID HE WOULD SEND ME MY $100 BACK BUT NEVER DID!! PAYED WITH POSTAL MONEY ORDER SO NOW I AM GOING TO POST OFFICE TO FILE A CLAIM OF FRUAD!!! HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HELP.

THANKS,
STEVEN
I am not making excuses for @Angus80, but he has good feedback from outstanding members.

1701433872236.png

I had a similar experience as a buyer. My check payment for an item I purchased from @Deputy819, IIRC, was over a month late. The key, at least for me, is two-way, honest communication throughout the process. I ended up sending a second payment check. Both checks arrived at the same time. Chris sent me an awesome video of him and her daughter a celebratory burning of the 1st payment check. This was many years ago, and it made us closer friends. Sometimes, USPS messes things up. I hope it works out for both of you. Good luck!

I WOULDN'T FEEL THE WAY I DO BUT THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION ON HIS END IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, AND YES, I LOOKED AT HIS FEED BACK BEFORE I SENT THE FUNDS. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BUT THE LEAST HE COULD HAVE DONE IS COMMUNICATE BACK & I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO WORK THROUGH THE USPS ISSUES. I HONESTLY HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WITH ANY OF THE GUYS ON LRH & IT SUCKS TO HAVE TO POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!! GREAT GOUP OF GUYS ON HERE AND IF SOMETHING CHANGES, I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO APOLOGIZE TO ALL!! JUST NOW MONEY IS TITE NOW AND DON'T WANT HARD WORKING GUYS TO LOSE THERE $$$$$$

Chris sent me an awesome video of him and her daughter a celebratory burning of the 1st payment check. This was many years ago, and it made us closer friends.
….and I STILL have that video to this very day, my friend. 👍
@gsr1578 I've actually done business with a couple of the members on @Angus80 Trader profile and @Darryle was one of them. I AM sorry that you're experiencing some discomfort on your transaction….and you are most DEFINITELY correct about the "Lack of communication on his end". It should be better! Good Trader Feedback is obviously important, but it doesn't "soothe" the buyer if communication is lacking. I sincerely hope all turns out well for both you and @Angus80 .

@Angus80 hasn't been on since Monday. As others stated I too am not making excuses but since he hasn't even logged on maybe a medical or personal issue came up. I don't think he would mess up his 8 yr LRH reputation for $100…. Not saying that's not good money either, I'm just saying to me that wouldn't be worth it. But that's just my opinion… I hope your dies arrives or he sends you a refund. I would personally give brother a chance to atleast respond before get called a scammer. Good luck.

@Angus80 hasn't been on since Monday. As others stated I too am not making excuses but since he hasn't even logged on maybe a medical or personal issue came up. I don't think he would mess up his 8 yr LRH reputation for $100…. Not saying that's not good money either, I'm just saying to me that wouldn't be worth it. But that's just my opinion… I hope your dies arrives or he sends you a refund. I would personally give brother a chance to atleast respond before get called a scammer. Good luck.
I agree. There is a huge difference between being a scammer and "**** happens". I feel for the OP because he's out money with nothing to show for it. I've been there myself with a lot more than $100, but patience is everything and it all worked out.

Good luck GSR. Unless his account somehow got hacked, I'm confident that you two will get it worked out.

Anytime sending through the Post office is a shot in the dark. We have sent packages/letters that never made it to the designation and also never received packages/letters. Another thing if your post office or any other Post Office is like the one we have in Social Circle, GA "GOOD LUCK". Delivery Times are ridiculous.
USPS has warehouses, at major hubs, full of so called "Lost" "Undeliverable" packages.
Communication between the Seller & Buyer is a must. Should always call & Text. Packages always have a tracking # with USPS, FerX, UPS. You can always see when it was shipped/delivered and most of the time where it is at unless it is lost. If lost with USPS filing a "Claim" is another nightmare even worse than loosing the package.
We always send pictures of the package/Letter and tracking # to the buyer.
Try contacting Angus80 again for Tracking# of the package and when he/she sent the refund out to you. He may have had a family emergency and taking longer to get back to you. Can't see an 8 year LRH member trying to scam someone out of $90 and ruin his reputation.
Good luck and hope this transaction works out for both of you.

When I contacted him about dies he said he would send tracking number. Never did, then contacted him later and he said he would send money back. Sent him my information but never heard from him. Kept waiting and sent a message telling him that everything was was getting a little ridiculous and again no communication. If he would have said just " I've got something going on, it might be a little bit ". I could deal with that especially if the was a little communication, but none at all after a month raises a red flag for me. Maybe I am wrong but been scammed before so I'm a little weary.

When I contacted him about dies he said he would send tracking number. Never did, then contacted him later and he said he would send money back. Sent him my information but never heard from him. Kept waiting and sent a message telling him that everything was was getting a little ridiculous and again no communication. If he would have said just " I've got something going on, it might be a little bit ". I could deal with that especially if the was a little communication, but none at all after a month raises a red flag for me. Maybe I am wrong but been scammed before so I'm a little weary.
I don't blame you for being concerned, but hopefully it'll work itself out.

I am confident enough in @Angus80

I will send you the money. I have texted him with no response.

PM me your address and I will mail it on my way home
Wow, Darryle, that is over-the-top kind of you.
You are one of many on this forum that make this place special.

You truly are a treasure!