Alpha 22 Creedmoor brass - LRP or SRP?

I use srp, as of right now the srp primers are way easier to find. I use a cci450 and have never had an issue lighting off rl26 in any weather conditions.
I have been using CCI450s without issue for 6mmBR and 6.5 Creed but am curious as to what is being preferred by the 22 Creed shooters. I have plenty of CCI 450 & Fed 210M primers on hand.
Thanks for your feedback.

SRP if you're planning on running full throttle loads because youl get more firings out of it. Ive pressure tested Hornady, peterson, lapua lrp, and alpha ocd srp. I easily came to the conclusion Alpha ocd srp is the way to go just make sure your bolt and fpa are set up for srp's.

SRP if you're planning on running full throttle loads because youl get more firings out of it. Ive pressure tested Hornady, peterson, lapua lrp, and alpha ocd srp. I easily came to the conclusion Alpha ocd srp is the way to go just make sure your bolt and fpa are set up for srp's.

I have already ordered the Alpha SRP primers, which should be here soon. What do you mean by " make sure your bolt and fpa are set up for srp's"?

I believe most custom actions have a firing pin diameter that's ideal for lrp & srp. Just ask them if it will work with srp's before you buy a new action. The most common issues where from factory 700 firing pins. The pin diameter is larger and can cause ignition issues. The solution was to have the bolt face bushed and pin diameter reduced. Also hotter srp's help such as br4s,cci450,Rem 7 1/2.

Last edited: