Almost too easy

.22LR sub-sonic 40gr HPs and suppressed! Epic when all you hear is the bolt slap.
221299.jpeg

Now that deer rifle and muzzy season are over I'm back on the warpath against tree rats.
4 from the bathroom window this morning and another from the porch this evening. We'll have squirrel soup to help knock chill off this week.
All shots were from a suppressed 22lr with 40gr hp.
These suckers have been stirring the dogs while raiding our bird feeders at daylight for the past week so we got a little revenge this morning. Taking only headshots keeps it challenging and is more fun than one man should have. My wife just laughs and asks if I need a refill on the coffee. The dogs are making some solid retrieves so I didn't even need my boots or coat this morning.
Yes! My man, you hit a nerve. Just 2 days ago while sitting in my stand I was watching the bait pile at 100 yds away and saw all these gray things moving around on the ground.. thought they were mourning doves. So looking through my Bono's I quickly saw that they were all furry tailed rats. Started counting them and almost died. 17 different ones on the ground 😳. Our deer season closes on Jan. 1st. Guess where I'll be on the 2nd 😬

We have ground squirrels here in Albuquerque. But, they never sit still long enough for a shot with my pellet gun. I made a squirrel/mouse trap out of a 5 gallon bucket with a peanut butter covered roller over 6" of water. Works like a charm. I adopted a feral cat, and haven't seen a squirrel or mouse since.

Now that deer rifle and muzzy season are over I'm back on the warpath against tree rats.
4 from the bathroom window this morning and another from the porch this evening. We'll have squirrel soup to help knock chill off this week.
All shots were from a suppressed 22lr with 40gr hp.
These suckers have been stirring the dogs while raiding our bird feeders at daylight for the past week so we got a little revenge this morning. Taking only headshots keeps it challenging and is more fun than one man should have. My wife just laughs and asks if I need a refill on the coffee. The dogs are making some solid retrieves so I didn't even need my boots or coat this morning.
Squirrel and dumplings is mighty tasty, too!

Battled squirrels for years trying to keep them off my bird feeders. Then the granddaughter saw on YouTube how to put a Slinky on the pipe holding the feeders. Works like a charm! Still I counted 7 digging through the sunflower hulls under the feeders. I may need to dig out my springer.

I love squirrel hunting (and hunting) so much I made it a point to go out for an hour early in the morning on my wedding day. That was back in Wisconsin 32 years ago. As a kid I'd chase them with a nine shot top break H&R .22 Sportsman from tree to tree. I could reload without looking on the run. Hunted with tin foil, matches, salt, pepper and butter to make lunch. I even would bring them back frozen from Illinois to Montana as my boys really like squirrels too. They grew up here hunting the little pine squirrels in elk camp. Only firearm I ever bought on a whim was a Stevens .22 Mag 20 gauge combination rifle just for squirrels at a gun show. I could cook up squirrel well enough to surprise even Gordon Ramsey.